WnSoft Forums

Replace 'Transition to Desktop' effect, please

Can someone tell me why PTE5 has discarded the 'transition to desktop' effect at the end of the slideshow? On version 4 it was a very useful and versatile effect. Now, the only way to end a show is abruptly with the final frame of the slideshow cutting straight to the desktop - no fade or other transition can be used. It looks terrible. Alternatively, I can leave the last photo hanging there.... not a very satisfying way to end a show. What made you take out such a useful function? And when are you going to put it back in again?????!!!!!!

I too used that transition and thought it was terrific...it added continuity to the smoothness of the transitions from all the other slides to and from the desktop as a show started and stopped and added that bit of extra polish to a show. Would be fantastic if it could be re-incarnated ... Andy

Can someone tell me why PTE5 has discarded the 'transition to desktop' effect at the end of the slideshow? On version 4 it was a very useful and versatile effect. Now, the only way to end a show is abruptly with the final frame of the slideshow cutting straight to the desktop - no fade or other transition can be used. It looks terrible. Alternatively, I can leave the last photo hanging there.... not a very satisfying way to end a show. What made you take out such a useful function? And when are you going to put it back in again?????!!!!!!

Have a look here:

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index....tion+to+Desktop

Also if you do a search on "desktop" in the forum you will find a lot of discussion on the loss of this function.

Hope this helps.