WnSoft Forums

Changing the color of Comment text

cjdnzl

I am putting the finishing touches to a show that requires text comments, but my problem is that some slides have a light-colored foreground where I want to put the text, and others are darker. I want to use dark or black text on the lighter slides, and white text on the darker ones.

I can change the text color in Project Options/Comments, but it doesn't 'take' unless I make it 'Set for existing slides', which sets all comments to the same color, and rules out setting colors for individual slides.

What am I missing? Thanks for any insight.

Colin

Wow, thanks for the quick answers.

Ken, yes, I can change the colors in O&A, but doing a short text at the bottom of the image is much faster using Comments than O&A. but maybe I'll have to go that way. Also, O&A text is not the same as Comments text, one does not affect the other as far as I can see.

Limey, thanks for that info, I'll try it before I go the O&A way.

Colin

I start a show in 448 then save as in 448 then open it and tune it in ver 5 and resave in 5 ver under a different name -- i will be using nobeefstu's trick of using help file comments next episode:)

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index....ost&p=43955

i select show comments - name of slide etc then adj accordingly with objects animation as show is developed

in this example the slide # is out of the picture - in not safe zone

but posn' bib # and runner's name has been coloured and sized so it shows proper when viewed on tv -- i set up text while viewing it on a tv at other end of room

the race was very difficult to put together as the shadows were changing as well as pos'n people in each shot - thus i had to change size colour pos'n for nearly every slide -- 301 slides to suit background -- where their legs were etc

when working with the slide name comments in ver 5 it also changes your slide # so you have to be careful in the renaming process

i had to rename all slides before i started - i was using 2 cameras and getting runners in order is a must

ken

post-16-1185111416_thumb.jpg

post-16-1185111809_thumb.jpg

Colin,

Set the color in Project Options BEFORE you type the text on the Comment line...Harvey

Also it's a one way street but Comment text is "converted" to O&A text as a Text Comment and its Properties...Animation is adjustable in O&A...but the vice versa O&A text is not converted to Comment .

Colin,

Set the color in Project Options BEFORE you type the text on the Comment line...Harvey

Also it's a one way street but Comment text is "converted" to O&A text as a Text Comment and its Properties...Animation is adjustable in O&A...but the vice versa O&A text is not converted to Comment .

Bingo!!! Thank you Harvey! So obvious too, I must be losing it.

Colin