WnSoft Forums

Newbie to v. 5 Deluxe PTE-- Where to start?

KENTGA

Hi! I'm new to 5.0 Deluxe PTE. Is there a manual that I can download? My main reason for purchasing the program is to create slideshows that are not compressed (de-graded). Also, how do I rearrange the photos other than in the order they were taken? Any other suggestions for using the program will be appreciated.

Kent

drag them to wherever you want them in the file list on the right

copy/paste move functions are all there -- r mouse a hilighted to see commands

in this screen shot the hilighted slide on the right can be dragged to any where in the sequence

along the bottom beside the clear list button is a pair of up and down arrows to move the hilighted slide

next to the arrows are another pair of icons -- the first one will show your slides horizontally - again move slides about -- the other one is a white table that will alow you to move the slides as well as edit them etc with right mouse commmand -- whatever program that you have designated to edit your jpegs will open

ken

post-16-1185226910_thumb.jpg

Hi Kent,

There is no manual. This forum is likely to be your main source of information. The search facility on the forum is very useful. Start with a search for Tutorials and you will find help on most topics. You can obviously search for more specific subjects.

Also have a look at:

http://www.thedom.fr/share/dload.php?actio...ry&cat_id=1

This site, set up by TheDom, is a good source of information.

Some commercially available tutorials are produced by

www.beckhamdigital.co.uk

Kind Regards

Peter

Ken and Peter,

I just got pictures to exe on advice of a friend and have found that building a slide show worked well. My question is, how do I save it into a form that can be emailed to friends? I see there is a back up zip function but no indication that this is how you export.

Also, I'd like to be able to show at a slide show gathering where there will be a computer and projector set up. I burned a DVD, but the quality is badly degraded in the converseion to MPEG2. How do I copy the pictures to exe slide show to a DVD so that the full quality show will run on a different computer? I gather that on a MAC, all I can do is show the DVD-MPEG2 version rather than the full quality show.

Thanks for your help.

Michael Allen

Flint, Michigan

G'day Michael and welcome to the forum.

I just got pictures to exe on advice of a friend and have found that building a slide show worked well. My question is, how do I save it into a form that can be emailed to friends? I see there is a back up zip function but no indication that this is how you export.

Even in ZIPed format your shows are likely to be too large for email, (10-80Mg plus for the EXE). The best option is to upload your show to a file hosting site and email the link for downloading to your friends, (also let us know here if you wish to share your work).

One I use for this purpose is "MediaFire".

It's free for files up to 100Mg, you can put as many files up as you wish for an indefinite time. The link for it is:

http://www.mediafire.com/

How do I copy the pictures to exe slide show to a DVD so that the full quality show will run on a different computer?

The best option is to copy the EXE file, (via CD/DVD), to the other computer. The EXE will always be a better quality than a show burnt to DVD.

• 3 weeks later...