WnSoft Forums

Burning DVDs with Nero Express

giljones

I seem to have hit a problem with this. I am trying to burn all my PTE 5 files to a dvd mainly to provide a back up in case of problems. I currently have around 2 Gib Bytes of files on a memory stick which is now full so I am proposing to put all these plus others I may produce in the future. I have a recently built computer with DVD rw tray in it but when I ask windows to do anything to it all it seems to be able to recognise is a CD. I have Nero installed as a stand alone programme and have to call it up to use it. Not sue what I am asking it to do, any help would be appreciated. The odd thing is that the files I have currently tried to save onto a dvd using the Windows option seem to be there but I cannot find out how I burn them (assuming I have to). Any help re these problems would be appreciated. By the way I find using PTE 5 terrific don't seem to have any of the reported problems, so I must be doing something right. Gilbert

gilbert,

What version of Nero have you installed ?

I have a recently built computer with DVD rw tray in it but when I ask windows to do anything to it all it seems to be able to recognise is a CD.

If your using a spanking brand new DVD Drive ... maybe your Nero version might not detect/recognize it. You will have to go to Nero Site to get updated database config files.