WnSoft Forums

batch selecting

hastinga

This is my first attempt at asking for assistance on the Forum. Firstly I would like to say what a brilliant piece of work PTE 5 is. I've produced many slideshows on previous editions but am slowly coming to terms with PTE5

My question is this...Having used that clever free PIXresizer to resize a batch of photographs, I would like to put a white frame around each of them. I know I can do it indivually in Photoshop but wonder if there is an action or method that will allow me to carry this out on a batch.

Having been an ardent reader of the Forum I am sure that there is a clever one amongst you that will put me on the right track.

Best wishe and regards to all.......hastinga

hastinga,

I'm sure you could do it in photoshop by creating an action for the border (Edit/Stroke) and then via File/Automate run a batch and save the results in a separate folder to accommodate Ken's warning.

Give that a try.

Good luck

John

Hastinga,

If its a color-of-your-choice thin margin (not frame) around your pics, you can do this in the free Irfanview software. individually or as a batch function. Use Image | Canvas | Add Image Border function, or the Batch Conversion/Rename | Canvas size, respectively...Harvey

Guest Techman1

Hastingsa,

Hello. I've created a quick action in Photoshop that you should be able to use in batch to create a border around each image. This action creates a 10 pixel white border. Hopefully you already know how to run batch settings in Photoshop.

Just save the action down to your PC, unzip it and you can double-click on it to add it to Photoshop. You might want to store it where your other actions are located or in a special action directory, so they don't get lost later.

You can modify the Stroke Pixel size if that is too small or large for your files.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Fred

PTE_Border_PS3.zip

Hastingsa,

Hello. I've created a quick action in Photoshop that you should be able to use in batch to create a border around each image. This action creates a 10 pixel white border. Hopefully you already know how to run batch settings in Photoshop.

Just save the action down to your PC, unzip it and you can double-click on it to add it to Photoshop. You might want to store it where your other actions are located or in a special action directory, so they don't get lost later.

You can modify the Stroke Pixel size if that is too small or large for your files.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Fred

PTE_Border_PS3.zip

Fred,

I'd never used the batch part of P/S before but soon sussed it out and used your Action....Brilliant! It worked a treat but the one snag was that, although I had entered 'save to folder' I then had to save each photo individually. After doing this to 200 Photo's my finger went sleep. Being cheeky, would it be possible to add to your Action, 'Save'. I use JPEG, quality 8'.

One other query Fred. On the old PTE4 I was able to change my picture size on the screen so that I had a nice photo in the centre of the screen with a white frame around it, but it doesn't seem possible PTE5, am I correct?.

Many thanks again for your efforts on my behalf.

hastinga

Guest Techman1

Hastinga,

Attached is an updated version with the save included. Let me know if this works okay for you. Regarding the other part of your question are you talking about a default background image being displayed? Like from the following under Project Options:

Screen

Background

Tiled Image

100%

Browse for the background image you want and this should work.

Regards,

Fred

PTE_Border_PS3_with_Save.zip

Fred,

Your Action works perfectly and the condition of my thumb has improved. Re my other query about the size of the photo in PTE4 as opposed to PTE5 I am gointg to try to put a screen slot on to this to what I mean'

Sorry Fred but my attempt failed. It was a JPEG screen shot but it tells me that I cannot upload this type of file. I will look to see if you have a e-mail and send it that way.

Thanks again for your efforts .......hastinga