WnSoft Forums

TIF to jpg

Redhall

When I try and convert my TIF files to jpg for use in PTE I only get a limited drop down window that doesn't show a jpg option.

This seems to occur only when the TIF file was created from a RAW file. I realise that this is no doubt a CS2 problem and not PTE but wondered if anyone had come across the same problem.

Ron

Hi Ron,

Which converter are you using - which camera (RAW format?). Perhaps it's a 16 bit/8 bit thing. Take the converted file into Photoshop or Irfanview and save as JPG rather than using Windows and try.

Best regards,

Lin

When I try and convert my TIF files to jpg for use in PTE I only get a limited drop down window that doesn't show a jpg option.

This seems to occur only when the TIF file was created from a RAW file. I realise that this is no doubt a CS2 problem and not PTE but wondered if anyone had come across the same problem.

Ron

Ron

Ron, 8 bit conversion should make it work. You may have 16 bit TIFFs and that would make a big difference on how they are treated within other programs.

larry

Ron,

You have got the answer. Generally RAW convertors are set by default to produce 16 bit files. When you save as a TIF and import into Photoshop, you have to go to Image - Mode - and select 8 bit. Then you will be able to save as a jpg. JPG files do not support 16 bit images.

Jeff

Ron,

You have got the answer. Generally RAW convertors are set by default to produce 16 bit files. When you save as a TIF and import into Photoshop, you have to go to Image - Mode - and select 8 bit. Then you will be able to save as a jpg. JPG files do not support 16 bit images.

Jeff

Many thanks Jeff for that bit of info. It works fine now. Many thanks also to all other helpers. cheers Ron