WnSoft Forums

Exception eAccessViolation

markoc398

HI, I am starting to get this message when playing back a show:

"Exception eAccessViolation in module senshow.exe at 0006AC45.

Access violation at address 0046AC45 in module 'senshow.exe' . Read of address 9A0A9508"

This is pte ver 4.42

The show displays about 40+ slides then lock up with the message. I've tried different songs but the same thing happens.

Any help would be appreciated ASAP. thanks

HI, I am starting to get this message when playing back a show:

"Exception eAccessViolation in module senshow.exe at 0006AC45.

Access violation at address 0046AC45 in module 'senshow.exe' . Read of address 9A0A9508"

This is pte ver 4.42

Try upgrading to v5 also.

Try upgrading to v5 also.

Ok, I upgraded to 5.0. Resized the images to 1024x1024. Now the show plays through but the music cuts out at slide 45. The total exe file size is only 20mb. I set it to synchronize with the music. Do I set the duration of the show to play sychronized to the length of the song differently than before? Before it was easy, now it seems that I have other setting to deal with "time interval for new slides". Is there a good instruction pdf that explains how to do shows with the new version? I don't need to do zooms, pans, etc. Just want it to work and be able to work with my customers non-high end computer system.

I set it to synchronize with the music. Do I set the duration of the show to play sychronized to the length of the song...snip

Go to the "timeline" then set on "Auto spread slides along music". This will cause the slides to be equally distributed along the music track so that music and slides end together.

snip.....I don't need to do zooms, pans, etc. Just want it to work and be able to work with my customers non-high end computer system.

With the image size you are using, MP3 sound file and a 20Mb exe you should have no problems with PTE v5 on your customers system.

Go to the "timeline" then set on "Auto spread slides along music". This will cause the slides to be equally distributed along the music track so that music and slides end together.

With the image size you are using, MP3 sound file and a 20Mb exe you should have no problems with PTE v5 on your customers system.

Jfa, thanks. I checked the timeline and the auto spread setting is already set.

The music is still stops on slide 45, but the slides keep going. Not sure what to do other than find a replacement for p2exe, which I hat to do but I need something that works now.

anyone else have a fix for this? Thanks

mark

as a test replace the show with 2 or 3 new pieces of music save under a different name

basic slide time to music is 4 secs --so 40 slides you need a minimum of 160secs of music not counting fades/transitions

and try it unsynced

and report back

ken

Mark, this is a longshot, but click on the "customize slide" for slide 45 and look under the music tab. Be sure you do not have "play background" music checked. Even if this is blank but checked, in version 4.48 this would cause the music to stop playing at that slide. Version 5 will not let you set both of these fuction at the same time if you synchronize to music.

If you are using version 5, the program will not let you add music by the Project options" method and also set music with an individual slide under "customize slide" option. If you add background music with the "Customize slide" option, it stops if any other slide has this option checked and left blank. If you did not re-do the show using ver. 5, but opened old show in ver 5 maybe it slipped in somehow.

Howard

mark

as a test replace the show with 2 or 3 new pieces of music save under a different name

basic slide time to music is 4 secs --so 40 slides you need a minimum of 160secs of music not counting fades/transitions

and try it unsynced

and report back

ken

A Senior Moment that lasts 3 days....

Thanks all that gave me options to try, but Ken solved it for me indirectly. As soon as he mentioned to replace the show with 2 or 3 new songs it hit me that I only had one song that was 5 minutes long and there were 116 slides. That's less than 2.5 sec/slide, not counting fades. Adding a second song solved the problem. Most of my shows are under 80 images so I never even thought of the additional slides in this show. What a place your have here. Help is just a few keystrokes away. THanks again!

and you updated as well? :))

ken

Dang, guess I spoke too soon. The show worked in the project window but the music stops earlier than before when I play the .exe file back. This is frustrating.

So I played the .exe show and the first song cuts out about a minute into it, then I guess at the end of the first song which I can't hear, the second song starts to now play. What the heck is going on?

Markoc,

1)

What Win Operating System are you using ?...

2)

What User RAM do you have available ?...

3)

What Sound Format are you using ?...

(Wav-Mp3-Wma ?)

Very often the PC System itself can be playing up particularily on

older Op.Systems like '95-'98-'98se-ME and memory starved PC's.

'Exception Violations' usually point to Memory problems or corruptions.

Brian.Conflow.

Markoc,

1)

What Win Operating System are you using ?...

2)

What User RAM do you have available ?...

3)

What Sound Format are you using ?...

(Wav-Mp3-Wma ?)

Very often the PC System itself can be playing up particularily on

older Op.Systems like '95-'98-'98se-ME and memory starved PC's.

'Exception Violations' usually point to Memory problems or corruptions.

Brian.Conflow.

Hi Brian,

Not getting the exception violation anymore. Was having a problem of one song cutting out in the middle, but it seems to be that particular song. I've change it and now seems to work fine. Will do more testing to see if it occurs again. Thanks

Windows XP Pro

3gb Ram

MP3

Hi Markoc,

Well the PC is well up to it ~ regarding the defective Mp3 File ? was this edited and stitched to another Mp3

File or Copy File:- for instance to lenghten the File ?

One must be vary careful when Editing bitrates together and make sure the File(s) Bitrates are similar (128kB wont mix with 192kB) unless VBR (Variable bit rate is turned on) dont' mind the quality Factor of 22kB or 44kB etc; as these are brought down in quality to suit the lower bitrate in the Wave Editor...

I've lost count on the amount of times I made that mistake in a rush to get a Show completed !

Just curious ?

Brian.Conflow.

Hi Markoc,

Well the PC is well up to it ~ regarding the defective Mp3 File ? was this edited and stitched to another Mp3

File or Copy File:- for instance to lenghten the File ?

One must be vary careful when Editing bitrates together and make sure the File(s) Bitrates are similar (128kB wont mix with 192kB) unless VBR (Variable bit rate is turned on) dont' mind the quality Factor of 22kB or 44kB etc; as these are brought down in quality to suit the lower bitrate in the Wave Editor...

I've lost count on the amount of times I made that mistake in a rush to get a Show completed !

Just curious ?

Brian.Conflow.

Brian, nope, not edited or anything. The music plays fine all by itself as we use the same song in our presentation projection program. It has a slideshow feature. Just not in P2e. I had it happen a few years back with a song. Replaced it with a different song and it cleared up. Go figure.

Markoc,

Strange one that...but on reflection I had a CD-Disc from South Africa which would never play Track 13

in sequence after Track 12 on any PC, there were 15 Tracks on the CD ~ but the CD played perfectly on

any CD Player and you could copy the Music to a Cassette on a CD-Cassette Player Unit.

Then I "twigged" it ~ it had a CDDA Tag on Track 13 to prevent copying of the CD. If you tried to copy

the Disc, it read the Tags and promptly ejected the CD ~ that was clever, but bl**dy frustrating !

Brian.Conflow.