WnSoft Forums

No picture!

yguy

YG

Then tried it on my desk top computer which is not a Mac. Regular Windows Pentium 4, XP AND IT STILL DIDN"T WORK!
"Just twiddled and toddled with the timeline he told me.

"Show me " I asked

And it wouldn't work again and we have tried a hundred times since!!!!!

It is something to do with the opening slide. There is no transition and I am sure that it it a simple thing and I don't know what it is.

YG

Is there a chance you could " Create Backup in .zip " - In " File " section.

Take the first 10 slides and create a sample show for some members to have a look at to see if they could spot any errors.

Post a link for download to a web site or you could use MediaiFire file sharing.

http://www.mediafire.com/

Inanswer to Daveg: No I have been using CS3.

I have been spending the last two days in moving all of the photos (several hundred!) over to a new folder. I don't know why but that was the problem. It wouldnt work from that folder and now in a new folder it worked.

So I tried today to burn a new presentation. It looked good when I watched the Mpeg so I tried to burn it. I should have realised something was wrong when it took longer than normal. I started at 10:30 this morning and it finished at 18:20 this afternoon!

I tried it on my desktop which is a PC and it wouldn't work on any of the programmes that I have (Nero, Windows Media, DVD X Utilities) - it didn't work. I tried on my Mac laptop and it worked all right but the quality was bad. Finally I tried it on my DVD player through the TV and it looked good sounded good but every second stopped for a second continued a second and stopped a second etc etc.

The presentation is long (42 minutes) divided into 5 chapters (Igor can we have some more templates with 3,4, 5 or 6 chapters?). It is a program with sound and is aynched.

I made a test with 10 pics but left the sound off because that is long and heavy.

http://www.mediafire.com/?2bvmt0uzyy4

YG

YG

I made a test with 10 pics but left the sound off because that is long and heavy.

The link you have provided is just the .PTE working file.

It would have been better to include the complete test show. If you open the test and click “File” – “ Create Backup in Zip “ and post the new .zip file one could see if the test show runs on their computer, also check the images and burn procedure using Video Builder.

Unless alrobin or another member can read the .pte file and pick up on something.

yguy,

I looked at your pte file, and the only anomaly I can detect with "Adjustor" is that two of your "Text" objects, (one on slide #2, and the other on slide #7), appear to use the "Fit to slide" mode instead of "Cover" mode, which is the default for this type of object.

This is a mode parameter that is not normally adjustable in PTE so I suspect that something may have distorted your PTE file in the creation and/or process of trying to get it to work.

post-215-1187273884_thumb.jpg