WnSoft Forums

Trying to Add Additional Images and Drop Shadow

Lostpixels

I have created a show wherein I am now trying to add one more image to the end of the show plus change the background color and add a drop shadow and none of the changes are taking effect.

I can see the last image that I added at the end of the 'Slide List' but it does not appear in the time line of the 'Customize Synchronization' time line. There is plenty of time/space, 11sec, at the end of the show for it to fit into but it is not showing up.

With the drop shadows and custom background color the changes that I make are not showing up. Am I forgetting something?

XP Pro

Thanks,

Mark

Other changes that I make in 'Project Options' are taking effect such as going from Full Screen Mode to Windowed Mode or back, transition effects are working but the changes that I try to make to the background color or adding drop shadows are not working, they are not being applied.

I still can not add one more image to the end of the show even though it is listed in the Slide List it does not show in the Preview mode or when playing the Custom Synchronization. :)

Help!

Mark

Mark,

If you have not already done so, you need to first "Delete All Transition Points" and then redo "Add Arranged Points" in order to get an added picture to show up. Take care though, because you will lose any previously defined timings

David (UK)

Guest guru

Wait a moment, Mark, before you delete all!

Are you sure you have inserted the new image in time-line? That is - clicked on time-line and on "New transition" button?

Guru:

You weren't quick enough, I have already deleted the transition points and with the help of adjustor I have gotten things back in order.

So at what point can you no longer simply add an image to the show by dragging it into the Slide List? Is it once you have hit the 'Create' button?

Guru, can you please give me the steps for adding additional images?

Thanks,

Mark

Guest guru

Well, Mark, lets suppose you made a synchronized presentation with 100 slides. Created .EXE, saved .PTE.

But, when you review it after some days, you realize that your show could be better if you add two slides at the end, to better finish the show.

So, in Slide List, you add two slides at the end. Now if you make a preview of your modified show, you'll don't see the new slides, and also in time-line these slides don't appear.

Why? Simply because in synchronized presentations the start input to visualize the slides is given by the time-line. If you want to see your slides, you must add sync points. If you delete the last ten points in your original show, you'll do no more see your last ten pictures.

So, if you want to see the two added slides, you'll have to insert two new points ("to 101" and "to 102") by clicking on the time-line after "to 100" and then on the "New Transition" button.

If the remaining time at the end is too short, you can of course move backwards some precedent points.

I hope I was clear enough!

Guru:

Understood and very helpful.

Another question, when adding the new slides by adding new transition points how do those new transition points get named, is this done manually by the user at the time the points are added? I would assume that they would need to be numbered according to the image number in the Slide List so that they are linked.

Suppose you missed a slide in the middle of the show and you want to add it do you follow the same steps?

Thanks,

Mark

Guest guru

1) New transition points will be automatically numbered by PTE.

2a) If you used the Automatic sync, there is no problem. Delete all points and "Add arranged points".

2b) If you customized sync points, to add a slide in the middle of the show is a big job, because slide 99 (for example) becomes 100, with all settings of the former 100th slide (timing, transition type and time etc.).

Luckily our fellow and friend Al "Alrobin" has written (and improved many times) a little excellent software, "Adjustor", that allows (also) to reset all slides very quickly and easily by an Excel sheet.

You can download it freely from this URL:

http://www.alrobinson.com/pte_items.htm

Luckily our fellow and friend Al "Alrobin" has written (and improved many times) a little excellent software, "Adjustor", that allows (also) to reset all slides very quickly and easily by an Excel sheet.

Guru:

Thanks again for the reply.

I am just now getting familar with Al's app.

Mark