WnSoft Forums

How to stop show from auto changing

Zyderco

Hi, can somebody tell me what I am doing wrong in 5.0 please. Have upgraded and also paid for the DVD burner and thats great. But I cannot get a show to work manually in the new 5.0. In the past I have used 4.46 and had no problems doing this many times. In some talks you need to go backwards and forwards using the arrow keys on the keyboard and now the show still changes even though in the Project Options I have un ticked "Synchronize to music duration" and also "Display each slide for" plus "no music".

Zyderco <_<

G'day Zyderco I am assuming from what you said that you are trying to use the "space bar/pause", "back arrow/slide", "forward arrow/slide" etc keyboard or mouse controls when running your show.

With v5 of PTE several of the default values and setting are quite different in this area and you should check the settings you made, (in v4.46), in the Project Options, (Main and Advanced tabs), of the show in v5. Also other settings may need some adjustments.

Hi Zyderco,

There are several ways you can do this with PTE 5.0. The first would be to use a Navigation Bar, the second would be to use the spacebar, PgUp, PgDn or even use a remote control such as with PowerPoint slides.

Finally, you can use a pop-up menu which will let you jump to any slide. This method requires you to either create your own pop-up or perhaps use one I created and made available.

Let's start with the first two methods. From the Main screen click on the "Project Options Button" then click on the "Advanced" tab. Put a check beside "Permit control of show using keyboard". Put a check beside "Show Navigation Bar". Click on "Customize Navigation Bar" and from the menu choose the options you wish to appear on the navigation bar. The options are pretty self-explanatory. Once you have the navigation bar operational you can pause, go forward, go backward, print a slide, etc.

If you want the ability to jump to any slide from any other slide and you don't have a tremendous number of slides (25 or less) then you can use my methodl.

http://www.lin-evans.net/pte/menu.zip

Inside the zipped file you will find a keyboard PTE file. What you do is on each slide you place a button object in the layer underneath your image. Make the button very large, say half the image size an put it perhaps on the upper half. Set the main image in properties to "transparent to click" Set the menu which I linked to as the last slide in your show and give it a reasonably long display time such as 4 minutes. Make each object button which is on the layer behind your main slide call this slide. This slide is programmed to call the slide number represented by the number on the button.

So when running the slide show and you want to jump to a particular slide, just left click your mouse on the upper part of the slide and this will call the menu. Click on the menu for the slide of your choice.

We will have a complete documentation available for PicturesToExe Version 5.0 in about a week. Right now you may want to download and read the temporary Objects and Animations document which along with the main screen and video builder portions will comprise the major portion of the document.

Here's a link to get you started with about 41 pages of PDF documentation including the navigation bar, etc.

http://www.lin-evans.net/tutorial/ObjectsAnimation.pdf

Let me know if you get in trouble....

Lin

Hi, can somebody tell me what I am doing wrong in 5.0 please. Have upgraded and also paid for the DVD burner and thats great. But I cannot get a show to work manually in the new 5.0. In the past I have used 4.46 and had no problems doing this many times. In some talks you need to go backwards and forwards using the arrow keys on the keyboard and now the show still changes even though in the Project Options I have un ticked "Synchronize to music duration" and also "Display each slide for" plus "no music".

Zyderco <_<