WnSoft Forums

Small Bug

cottage

Since returning from England and working on a new presentation I discovered the following:

I added several images then added several pieces of music. Next I "Previewed" the show. All worked well.

If I select "Project Options"/"Music" and uncheck "Play Background Music", then select "Preview", the music plays anyway and the option is rechecked by the software. If I uncheck "Play Background Music" and resave my project, exit and re-enter the program and "Preview", I get the same results. Music plays and the "Play Background Music" option has been rechecked by the software.

Am I behind in reporting this bug? Are there work-arounds to previewing without the music without having to delete all my music selections ?

Regards,

Bill :blink:

Bill,

Looks like it might be a bug. However, if you customize the first slide with the "play new music" option, and de-select "play background music" in "project options", no background music will be heard, provided there is no custom music loaded with that slide.

alrobin,

Thanks for your reply. I'll give it a try. Seems funny that it continues to play the music (and even changes your unchecked options back) even if you save your project and choose Not to Play Background Music. Oh well...

Bill B)

Bill

Hope you had a nice visit to England :D

Just a thought since I dont know your project settings used :

If your adding your music and using " Syncronize Slideshow to Music Duration" with the checkbox enabled ... and then try to desellect the checkbox Music/Play Background Music within that menu tab : Your music will still play and the Music/Play Background Music will resellect that checkbox by default.

This is due to using the Sync Music settings overriding the other music settings. You must disable the Sync Music checkbox to gain control of a normal slideshows features.

Hopefully this is more your issue ... and not really a bug B)

Al,

After investigating further ... I agree this seems to be a minor bug.... hummm

It seems as long as any music files remain in the music listing, it will play the Music no matter what settings are used (Sync or Manual)

Even if the file project file is previewed, saved or compiled with the Background Music checkbox disabled (and music files remain in the list view) and using manual slide timing ... the music plays.

Im using W98 ... so this is just not a XP thing.

Thanks Al

Bill, you didnt cut your trip short to report this issue did you ? B)

It seems as long as any music files remain in the music listing, it will play the Music no matter what settings are used (Sync or Manual)

Even if the file project file is previewed, saved or compiled with the Background Music checkbox disabled (and music files remain in the list view) and using manual slide timing ... the music plays.

nobeefstu,

Not quite so - if you customize the first slide with the "play new music" option the music will not play, even though you have music files loaded in the music listing.

Al

True ... but attention is needed

At least by selecting the customize/play new music setting to actually disable the music/play background music checkbox is a good temporary work around ... with a little backwards approach.

But at least users that are aware of this setting/issue can continue to alternate between Sync and Manual previews without totally removing the music files from the list.