WnSoft Forums

Install on a different computer?

shirleyhogan

I had Pictures V4.4(something) on my computer. My computer is old - Windows XP Service Pack 1 and has a CD (Not DVD) Burner.

I upgraded to 5.02 Deluxe PTEs o I could get the Video builder which I thought would allow me to burn a DVD which would play on a DVD Player without any additional software (without creating avi or iso files).

I have been unable to get the Video Builder to work on my computer. I have read everything I could find on the forums and tried the Support email system. I can't figure out if I have a hardware issue, software issue, or (more likely) User Ignorance.

I have a newer computer on which I would like to install PicturesToExe Version 5 with Video Builder.

Can I do that without paying again? How?

Thanks for any help.

Shirley

Hi, Shirley,

Welcome to the Forum!

Yes, you can easily copy the PTE files over to your newer pc, including the registration keys (one for PTE and one for VideoBuilder). Then install PTE ("SETUP.EXE" file) and double-click on the registration key ("PTE.KEY" or "REG.KEY", or something like that) to install it into the registry. When you run VB the first time, just browse to the registration key in the VB folder and it too will be installed in the registry.

You should also install SP2 on your Win XP operating system, as it will then give you the version of Direct X that you need to run PTE v.5. Best of luck!

Hi Shirley

Following on from what Al has told you -

There is also some further advice to help you if required in the Windows Help uder:-

STEP by STEP: SETTING UP MICROSOFT WINDOWS XP - sub heading:-

Transfer files and settngs from another computet

Where the Transfer Wizard can assist

All the best

Johnleslie

YEA! I finally created a DVD that you can play on a DVD Player. Thanks, Al & John, for your help. After I installed PicturesToExe, finally got the correct "key", and copied my pte file and pictures to the newer computer, it was a piece of cake.

Unfortunately my computer expertise is pretty much limited to trial and error . When I do get something to work, I usually don't know how I did it. I picked up a lot of helpful info from this forum and I am grateful that there are people like you guys who are willing to help people like me.

Thanks again.

Shirley