WnSoft Forums

Projectors and high quality shows

echelonphoto

I am a professional photographer and use pics as a customer item to show proofs. This has worked ok for a number of years...but I now want to project shows in high quality format. I have an SGVA projector and the quality of the images

is not satifactory a normal view distances (8-10 ft). I want to upgrade to xga or sxga. Has anyone done this? What would be an adequate projector....and what size should the files be that I use in the show?

e-photo,

I went with a WXGA projector, and have been pleased with the resolution. It will project at 1280x768 native resolution, so that is the size I use for most of my sequences these days. I also have a wide-screen laptop, which can also be set to this resolution.

A WSXGA projector at 1680x1050 would be even better, but the difference in price is quite large compared to the increase in picture definition. But you will probably want to be able to project HD movies, so that is a consideration as well.

Hi e-photo and Al maybe interesting for professionals, at the moment in Europe we are used on diaporama festivals the new JVC DLA HD1 with 1920x1080 projector fantactic colors and black is black only the prize is very high about 6500 euro.

more info www.jvc.co.uk :huh: