WnSoft Forums

My first show!!

targa912

Bob, I tried to download the show and Mediafire gave me an error message.

Same here.

Bob I think you have posted the upload link for your show. The download link should look something like this:

http://www.mediafire.com/xxxxxxxxxx

Where xxxxxxxx should be something like ?7rda4vy9koy.

Completed my first show!! I like it! C&C welcome!! I have thick skin! Bob W.

Hi Bob

During download of your slideshow, I missed the topless dancing girls ! :huh::huh: ... a pity ! :D

To make it simple, I will use Andrew's (ADB) "scale"

PHOTOGRAPHY/GRAPHICS

Very interesting photos for a coverage of such an event !

The mixing of photos of engines, details, persons lets your show never lower interest.

SOUNDTRACK

... of course, fits perfectly to your pictures.

TIMING

Perhaps a little bit long but, as I told, mixing of compositions keep us alert (perhaps not the best adverb) up to the to the end.

PTE MASTERY

Usage of effects, timing, transitions make it a very smooth and pleasant slideshow.

On the other hand, unfortunately, I think you did not take advantage of the changing rhythm of the second music extract. It stays identical to the first "episod" although the second part is much more swinging.

Some changes of background image size.

WATCHABILITY

Very very pleasant.

Thank you for sharing.

Regards

Patrick

Patrick, thanks for the comments. As for being too long, that's why my wife made me cut out the dancing girls! It would have been longer!! It came in at 6:44. I was trying for 5-7 minutes. What would you consider a reasonable time for this type of show? The audience will be the owners of the equipment but for future shows I 'd be interested. Also couldn't agree with you more on the music transistion. Just learning Audacity. The usual way this event works is the showing of the equipment, the threshing then a dinner and dance. They had a local "pro " shooting that part. I think if I were shooting that it would have worked better. The slideshow was mainly for my wife's cousin. He had several pieces of equipment there. So this isn't a money thing for me. I just liked it!! Even with the 90 degree heat!! Maybe next year I'll shoot the whole thing for money. Nah, that takes the fun out of it!!

Bob W.

What would you consider a reasonable time for this type of show? The audience will be the owners of the equipment but for future shows I 'd be interested.

... for the owner's ? .... The slideshow can last half an hour or more :lol:

They will be delighted by your sequence and probably be a bit frustated you did it not longer !

For other spectators, 5 to 8 min seems to be the maximum duration of attention they will pay to a show.

Completed my first show!! I like it! C&C welcome!! I have thick skin! http://www.mediafire.com/upload_complete.php?id=t1qezwz9myk

Bob W.

Bob -

I just now got around to looking at your first slideshow. Very nice with properly exposed, sharp pictures. The music is fitting too. The only thing that would have made it better for me was to have taken your photographs in that magic light of early morning and late evening. This is most likely out of your control; these events rarely have the photographer's light in mind. Also, it would have been nice for you to hold the music credits slide a little longer. The reason is, I'm planning a photo essay of our family farm next year and I'm on the hunt for agrarian type music.

Good job & keep shootin'.

Dave

Bob, as a member of the local Traction and Steam engine club and the owner of a lovingly restored Lanz-Bulldog tractor you won me over from the start with the subject. Well done for your first show. More please!! The show was a little long for the non enthusiast but for me not long enough.

Good choice of music but I did want to hear the sounds of the machinery working occasionally. If possible a mix of the sounds of the machinery and music would be a great improvement. Also it would help mask the change from one music track to the next that was a little disjointed.

One general point I must make about an error in AVs that a beginner often makes.

I find it disturbing when the images in a show break the boundaries of the show as defined by the starting slides. This probable dates back to my days making multi-projector shows where the outline of the show must always remain the same. Any that didn't were rejected from competitions/exhibitions on that grounds.

You started with full screen images with a nice white boarder which set the outline for the show, then a nice blurred background that kept the outline and allowed the use of vertical images. However latter the show outline changed to have a black line above and below the image, (I think using 1024x768 size images), and latter on vertical images in the middle with black left and right. Doing this breaks the immersion of the viewer in the show with a jolt and reminds us we are looking at a PC screen, the mood is lost.

Using backgrounds, side by side images, picture in picture and many other effects can prevent this and maintain the show outline/size. Just using full screen throughout will also prevent this.

PS Have a word to your wife, I want the dancing girls!!!! :lol:

Great idea about mixing in machinery sounds. There certainly were enough of them. Next year I'll take a recorder with me. Might be a good idea to always have one with me!!!

I believe I had three portrait images that I didn't pic in pic with. I debated on those . The one with the cornbelt I couldn't be sure what it belonged to. The other two images I just liked but they really didn't belong either. Should have dumped them. As for the horizontals, you caught me. I sized them wrong. Not only looked strange but cause jumping in the next images. I ran out of time. (I know poor excuse) The people wanted to see the show at their monthly meeting.

Really appreciate your comments and am going looking for a small recorder today. That I think would be great advice for anyone. Would make the presentations more realistic I would think!