WnSoft Forums

Possible glitch or user error?

davegee

I don’t know if the following is a PTE 5 glitch or if I am trying to do something which is beyond the capabilities of the program.

In Project Options/Screen I can choose WINDOWED MODE and set the size of the window to 1600x1200 with no error messages etc.

When I then add a 1600x1200 image to the project and enter Objects and Animation, the image is shown as being around 20% bigger than the screen when the MODE is set to ORIGINAL. The ASPECT RATIO of the screen appears to be correct (1280x960) because, when the 1600x1200 image is reduced from 100% to 80% in ZOOM, it is a perfect fit.

This indicates that the largest window it is possible to set is 1280x960.

Or is it that I cannot create a window which is bigger than my existing monitor resolution?

A further problem seems to arise when the show is PREVIEWED but because my monitor is only 1280x1024 I can’t quantify this properly. I would expect to see only the centre portion of the 1600x1200 window but what I am seeing is the bottom right hand corner of the window in the top left hand corner of my (1280x1024) monitor.

DaveG

Dave,

I find that if I reduce the monitor resolution, the image becomes centrally cropped (and enlarged), as one would expect with windowed mode. It is clearly larger than the current monitor resolution.

It more than fills the screen, and is not distorted. The image I am using is 1680x1050. In "windowed mode" it makes no difference whether I use "original" mode or "fit to screen".

By trying the same exercise on my laptop with 1024x768 monitor I have found that PTE does not allow the creation of a “Windowed Mode” project where the window size is greater than the size of the monitor currently in use.

Thus, on my 1024x768 laptop it limits the size of the window to 1024x768. Likewise, on my 1280x1024 desktop computer monitor it limits the size of the window to 1280x1024. I can see some logic in this but I can also see the need, in some cases, to create a windowed project where the size of the window is greater than the size of the monitor in use.

Perhaps Igor could comment?

DaveG