WnSoft Forums

Tragedy in Greece

Lin Evans

As many of you must know by now, the Greek islands are experiencing one of the worst tragedies in their history. Fires of unbelievable magnititude are raging in the forests and villages on southern Greece bring death, injuries and distruction to innocent people, wildlife and domestic animals. The human death toll is now at 63 and sure to eventually be much higher as more are discovered. A multi-nation task force has begun to help with fire-fighting equipment and supplies to the many stranded people who have lost their homes and all their worldly possessions.

This 20 meg slideshow was assembled from relatively tiny News agency photos enlarged to fit the screen. It makes no pretense of being anything other than a means of letting people know what is going on in southern Greece. It's not pretty, but everyone should see it because it shows the devistation wrought by what appears to intentionally started fires. A truly sad situation. Our thoughts and prayers go out to the people of Greece.

http://www.lin-evans.net/pte/tragedy.zip

Lin

Lin,

Thx for putting together this slide show of the fires in Greece. We will be on a 12-day cruise in April '08 from Athens to Istanbul with stops in Katokolon, Corfu, Santorini & Mykonos + one or two days in Athens precruise. Hopefully I'll be able to capture some scenes of the devestation caused by this tragedy in the vicinity of Athens, i.e. the site of the original Olympics. I've been following the fires process and you put / pulled it all together. Great job...Harvey