WnSoft Forums

Electroncs gone wild......

Lin Evans

Just an aside - Casio announced a new high speed 6 megapixel camera concept with 12x optical zoom from about 35 to 430 (approx) mm. Not too unusual except it shoots 300 frames per second. That's not a typo - three hundred frames per second in VGA mode and at full six megapixels it shoots 60 frames per second continuously.

Lin

I thought somebody would get the significance of this for PTE but think of it like this. You record high speed image sequences, then put them into your slideshow at slow sequenced play back and get an incredible world not possible from normal still or motion photography. Guys this is tailor made for PTE's high resolution playback.

Look at these movie clips. Click around on this link and think about the possibilities !!!

http://world.casio.com/ngdc/en/

Lin

Just an aside - Casio announced a new high speed 6 megapixel camera with 12x optical zoom from about 35 to 430 (approx) mm. Not too unusual except it shoots 300 frames per second. That's not a typo - three hundred frames per second in VGA mode and at full six megapixels it shoots 60 frames per second continuously.

Lin

big difference between video and still photography

if he wants a frame hi quality he does not have to rip the video

i shoot continuous shots with my digital at max zoom to cover my butt -- very difficult to keep on action subjects hand held or even moving ships

camera specs see

http://tinyurl.com/2jghd7

ken

Yes Neil,

Video cameras record perhaps 30 frames per second and at not over 2 megapixel resolution for even a high end unit.

This records ten times that frame rate at VGA resolution (300 frames per second) and at full six megapixel resolution records twice the frame rate of the movie camers.

This means you can then slow the frames for play back and create the equivalent of time lapse for very fast events such as seeing water splash, watching the motion of a golf swing, the distortion of the ball as it is struck by the baseball bat, etc.

Lin

Why not just buy a video camera if you want to record action in this way?

Am I missing the point?

Neil

The big question is of course how many photo's one can take before the buffer runs out. As far as i know there's no memorycard fast enough to sustain those kind of speeds.

The usability of this feature would be seriously compromised if you can ony sustain those speeds for a second or two, especially for the 300 fps movie function.

Next the question comes to mind about the picture quality, with shuttertimes of 1/60 you need quite a bit of light or shoot at high iso settings. I would like to see some serious every day use to be convinced.

Buffering capabiliies depend on primarily the file size. The new Nikon D3 has the ability to shoot 9 frames per second for 64 frames and that's a 12 megapixel jpg. With only a megapixel file that would equal 768 frames and the VGA would files would probably be about a quarter meg at most which would equal 3072 frames at 300 fps or at least 10 seconds worth with media available today.

60 fps is useful even if only for reasonably well lit sporting events. I use 15 frames per second all the time and get excellent results.

Lin

The big question is of course how many photo's one can take before the buffer runs out. As far as i know there's no memorycard fast enough to sustain those kind of speeds.

The usability of this feature would be seriously compromised if you can ony sustain those speeds for a second or two, especially for the 300 fps movie function.

Next the question comes to mind about the picture quality, with shuttertimes of 1/60 you need quite a bit of light or shoot at high iso settings. I would like to see some serious every day use to be convinced.