WnSoft Forums

Splitting slide show into parts with PTE 5

dwill001

Hi,

My first post here. I apologize if this has been covered before. I just competed a 20 minute slide show using P2E Deluxe 5.0. It consists of 5 or so sections with synchronized music unique to each section. After making a DVD with Video Builder, it occurred to me that it would be useful to have a menu that allowed the viewer to jump to any particular section without having to sit through the previous sections. So my question is: Is there an easy way to separate my slide show into chapters or independent project files for use in Video Builder. If I copy the slides in a section and paste them into a new project, the music isn't transfered. So, I'd have to add and adjust the music again - work I don't wish to do.

I suppose I could use a video editor like Nero Vision and break the show apart that way, but I was hoping that P2E or VB had a function for doing this.

Any thought or suggestions.

Thanks,

Dave W

Welcome Dave W,

Video Builder is not capable to perform your segment operation as your Nero Vision. Video Builder is not a full feature DVD authoring/burning program.

Is there an easy way to separate my slide show into chapters or independent project files for use in Video Builder. If I copy the slides in a section and paste them into a new project, the music isn't transfered. So, I'd have to add and adjust the music again - work I don't wish to do.

Instead of all that copy/paste etc ... think in the reverse of that process. Remove/delete 4 of 5 sections which will remain/create just a single section. Save this as a new pte file. Keep the original unchanged (no saving) ... just close it and repeat the process to create the 5 separate sections.

Note:

To be safe ... save your original/master copy in a zip. Be sure to do Save As for each segment/section. Do not Save the original/master ... just close it and reopen it again to remove the unwanted sections.