WnSoft Forums

Music Sync Problem / wav. vs. mp3 / Large File?

jvplap@charter.net

I took my nephews wedding this past weekend. I have used PicturesTo Exe For a few years and never had this problem before. I love the program and have spent the entire weekend trying to sync the music and slides. Whatever I do the photos finish way before the music does.

Can anyone help me? This is the largest slide show I have ever done and this may be the problem.

1) The slideshow contains 650 photos (1024x768) (Approximate size - 100 MB)

2) I imported 11 songs (mp3 format) into Adobe Premeire and saved them as one wav. file. The size of the wav. file is approximately 400MB. I know, I should be converting this wav. file as a mp3, but I have no idea how to do this via Premeire or any other program. But the size of the entire file is well below the 2100 MB maximum. The music is approximately 45 minutes long.

3) I check the syn music to slide option on the "main" tab of the project options.

4) Whatever I do I can not get the music and slides to sync

** Does anyone have any idea why this is happening?

** Can anyone tell me how to save this one file in Adobe Premeire as an MP3 file and not a wav. file

** Once I save the wav. file is there an easy way I can convert this file into a MP3 using another program.

Any help would be appreciated

Jason

Two things: first, it would be better for conservation of resources to convert the wav to mp3 so go ahead and download and install the free Audacity program.

Simply open the file in Audacity and export as an MP3.

In PTE, you need to go to the timeline (you can do this before you convert to mp3 to test it) from the main screen. Simply check "synchronize music and slides" AND "auto spread slides along music". That's all there is to it.

Also - download and read the users guide from the Tutorials section....

Best regards,

Lin

Ray,

I downloaded Audacity, imported my wav. then clicked import as an mp3.

I keep getting an error message:

"Audacity doesn not export MP3 files directly but instead uses the freely available LAME library to handle MP3 file encoding. You must obtain lame_enc.dll departately, by downloading the LAME MP3 encoder, and them locate this file for Audacity. You only need to do this once.

Would you like to locate lame_enc.dllnow?"

when I click yes, it take me into one of my explorer folders.

Do you know where I need to get this file?

thanks, Jason

Hi Jason,

Audacity will do what you want and its free to download try this link

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/help/tutorials.

all the best Ray

Two things: first, it would be better for conservation of resources to convert the wav to mp3 so go ahead and download and install the free Audacity program.

Simply open the file in Audacity and export as an MP3.

In PTE, you need to go to the timeline (you can do this before you convert to mp3 to test it) from the main screen. Simply check "synchronize music and slides" AND "auto spread slides along music". That's all there is to it.

Also - download and read the users guide from the Tutorials section....

Best regards,

Lin

The downside to using the 'auto spread' option is that all slides in the show will have an equal display time and this means that if you include a slide that had introductory text, for example "At the Reception", this slide will be displayed for an equal period of time as the remaining slides. Clearly, such a slide would need only about 2 seconds and not the usual 7 seconds or so.

Ron

The downside to using the 'auto spread' option is that all slides in the show will have an equal display time and this means that if you include a slide that had introductory text, for example "At the Reception", this slide will be displayed for an equal period of time as the remaining slides. Clearly, such a slide would need only about 2 seconds and not the usual 7 seconds or so.

Ron

I didn't realize that. Probably a good thing to know.

thanks, Jason

• 3 weeks later...

can someone tell me where the "auto spread" option is? I am choosing hte synch slides with music option, but it is not synching, and I cannot for hte life of me find the auto spred along music option. here is a screen shot of what i am seeing. i am sure it is right in front of me. i have version 5.0

thanks a million. i goota say, i preffered my old version better. when i clicked to synch to music, it did just that, lol

post-5440-1192668791_thumb.jpg

kaya,

Welcome to the Forum!

There is a check box in the "timeline" window. Also, under "Timed points" (also in the timeline window) you can command PTE to spread all slides equally over the music.