WnSoft Forums

pictures missing in video file

kippnkatie

I have a slideshow with about 200 pictures in it and the are each displayed for about 1 second. When i make a video file out of these pictures many of them are missing. It doesn't matter what video codec I use they are just gone. I may display 1 pic for 3 seconds and then it will skip the next couple. This is very frustrating.

Are they all displayed in the executable file? It may be that your hardware can't keep up with the fast display speed at the size image you are using?

Lin

I have a slideshow with about 200 pictures in it and the are each displayed for about 1 second. When i make a video file out of these pictures many of them are missing. It doesn't matter what video codec I use they are just gone. I may display 1 pic for 3 seconds and then it will skip the next couple. This is very frustrating.

It may also be that the transition timing is longer than the one second display interval.

I do not have any transition effects in this slideshow and the executable file works just fine. The transition effects are 1500ms, my slides are shorter then that but I don't have any. The first 8 slides of the video work and then it only starts displaying 1 of about every 3 in the video file.

The important thing is knowing that it works properly in the executable file. If it's working properly there and you are certain, then the issue is one of proper rendering by the codec. Rather than try different codecs, use the Microsoft Video 4 codec and begin by testing with a rewritable DVD so you don't waste media. Break the show down to test into not large than 200 image increments. Try the first 200 and see if any frames are dropped. Try the second 200, etc. and see if there is a particular place where the problem is happening.

Lin

It shouldn't be my hardware

2.66Ghz Duo Core, 1gb DDR2, Radeon x300 128mb

The important thing is knowing that it works properly in the executable file. If it's working properly there and you are certain, then the issue is one of proper rendering by the codec. Rather than try different codecs, use the Microsoft Video 4 codec and begin by testing with a rewritable DVD so you don't waste media. Break the show down to test into not large than 200 image increments. Try the first 200 and see if any frames are dropped. Try the second 200, etc. and see if there is a particular place where the problem is happening.

Lin

It is working just fine in the executable file. I haven't even tried to write it to a dvd I just wanted a video file on my computer and that isn't even working right. I have tried the Microsoft Video 4 codec and it begins skiping slides after about 10. It also doesn't like to get all the transitions right. I have also tried it on 3 different computers and it does the same goofy stuff. I have also started a new slideshow project and remade it and it does it. I resized all my pictures done so they weren't at big and it still does it.

what worked fine

50 slides

or

no music

no music you might have a bad piece -- and i dont care if it works elsewhere -- it is corrupt when pte tries to play it

years ago i had a midi file that played fine but when put into a show things went screwy -- Igor took the midi and corrected it and then things were ok

ken