WnSoft Forums

Thinking of purchasing this product....

tkdphoto

Hello all,

I have been looking for a slide-show software that has the capabilities of turning off the printing ability. I did read a few posts and noticed that things are time related - that sounds great. I would like to produce a nice slide show or put photos on a cd with the .exe, but I don't want my customers to be able to print. Is that possible with this software.

Also I noticed there are several different licensing versions. I will presently be using only one computer to make these files, hopefully in the future I'd have a larger staff than 1. Is there a difference between the licensing versions, the business vs the professional?

I mostly shoot sports, but have been asked recently to do weddings and parties, thought this would be a nice addition to my borders on the pictures and the photo sculptures that I offer.

Thank you in advance for your input

Sue

Hello Sue ,

The Million Dollar question , I think if people are determined enough they will find a way to capture an image through various software, its been a hot issue here in the past I think if you use low resolution images so as to be fairly useless to them as a printable file is a good start ,a watermark on your images is a good second as for the lisence I think you need the commercial lisence its very good value and if you are using this program for commercial gain then you are required to, its a trust thing between you and the vendor, brilliant program so it is. You can disable print from screen in project options good luck and enjoy,

Regards Clive

Image security is a frequent topic. The bottom line is that anyone with a decent monitor and modest digital snapshot camera can literally take a picture of the slide while on the screen. Then they run it through enhancement software to make it look better. There is no total security :lol:

Clive has suggested the only truly successful way to thwart theft. Use photo resolution that is high enough for the viewer to enjoy the show, but low enough to make photo an unattractive theft target. One further tip is to use fixed size P2E photo display that is smaller than full-screen size. Low-res pictures look better this way. Many of the posted P2E shows in Beechbrook use this technique. For entertainment and inspiration visit:

http://www.beechbrook.com/pte/index.asp

Hi again,

I am a fairly busy social photographer and my findings are that since I started using digital cameras two years ago the reprint sales have gone up quite considerably so most people are either not bothered to try to copy ( and remove my watermark ) my proofs, however the rare occasion where no reprint sale resulted (one job was probably the best baby portraits I have ever managed ) was where the proofs were hard copy and not marked , any slideshow provided has always resulted in sales so call me superstitious but the slideshow is cheaper more impressive and deters most average mortals such as myself keep on rocking

Regards Clive :lol: