WnSoft Forums

TheDom's Photo Album

mightec

Hi Dom

I am looking to make another change to your fantastic Photo Album Template, but I am not sure how to do it, can you help. After the page has turned to a new page I want to be able to zoom & pan the image. The idea that I had was to create a mask of 'pages' which I have done but it gives me a limited zoom capability. I want to be able to zoom & pan but without seeing the image spill over and come into view. How can I do this?

Hi Mike,

I have managed to do something with this cant say it’s the best but does work

to a point.

By copy and paste the first Two slides from The Doms Photo Album then Placing your slides to follow and using PNG frame on top of your Pictures then copy and paste the last Two slides from The Doms Album, this is were I had the most trouble, really you do need to paste the last three slides to get the closing motion but by doing that your last picture can not have the PNG Frame when folding back, by having only the two slides pasted at the end you don’t get the back cover closing but the Album does go from the screen as normal. The Start of the Album works fine.

Sorry cant be of more help it took me a full day and late into the night trying to sort it out.

All the best Ray

Hello Ray

Thanks for taking so much trouble to sort out a process to achieve my changes, I am having difficulty understanding the instructions, probably need sometime to work through them. Unfortunately, cannot do it today we have our 22 month old grandson here whilst his mother gives birth to twins in the next few days. The problem is I cannot get on to the computer because our grandson is on it viewing Thomas the Engineer and friends website. The youth of today.

Hi Mike,

Sorry its not perfect but hope it helps, just the one little problem at the end were it goes from large

slide to small just a little bit of a jump there, tried everything i could to fix but afraid it beat me.

All the best Mike.

Ray

Ray

I have a play with your template, the difficulty that I am having is that I produce for DVD/TV with an aspect ratio of 16:9. When I change the screen setting to reflect this I can see the picture spill over beyond the album page. This is the same effect that I get when I modify TheDom's template. I'll put some more time into it and keep you posted.

Ray

I am getting there, I find when I cut a hole in 'pages' the size of the landscape border, it works to a degree. The problem is I need to do the same with the 'lower cover'. Unfortunately, when I size these items the sames as TheDom did in his original template, the hole that I have cut also changes. Clearly, I am doing something wrong, there must be a better way of creating a mask layer, is there!!!!!

Ray and Morasoft

Thanks for your help, I do appreciate the time you have both taken to support my needs. I have tried to overcome my problem with a bit of a work around, not what TheDom would have done, but then I don't have his skill. I did a search on the forum and got some ideas to do a Print Scrn and in Photoshop create a .npg file which I pasted back into PTE, re-entered the photograph that I want to Z&P and it worked up to a point. I need to refine the process a little to make sure that I can achieve a smooth transition throughout, below I have posted a link to MediaFire where I have uploaded a sample.

MediaFire Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?93m4epum1xg

Hi Mike (miqhtec)

I noticed that you use two different photo album in your mediafire demo, and there's a visual jump from one to another. Moreover, I believe that the Pan-Zoom option is very quick.

Do you want to share the .pte file? Perhaps something can be changed.

morasoft

Morasoft

You are right, I just changed a few personal pics when uploading, the cover, etc and forgot that I had Print Scrn another lower cover. The P&Z is quick, I was just looking to make the effect work, I hope to be able to fine turn it over the next day or so. Thanks for offering to help, but I will soldier on and see where I get too.

Hello,

I am juste using the fantastic DOM's template to produce tu show, but i need only the cover and the 2 first flipping pages.

At the second page I zoom on the page then a next slide ppears and i can work as i want on this slide.

I used the begining of the template and the finishing when the cover closes the book., Just used as introduction and finishing.

To can I can splite the portion of show and put it on mediafire.

May this help you

To all that supported my original posting.

I have worked on the Zoom & Pan option within TheDom's Photo Album, I feel that it is a lot better than the first attempt, although still not fully acceptable. The process that I developed in the end dropped the Print Scrn method and worked with TheDom's original O&A settings. I changed a few things which enabled me to to get an almost free flowing transition, but this still needs some more work. At the point of the Z&P slide, I can still see the join, I think that it is something to do with shadows used by TheDom. I will keep trying, hopefully I'll get it cracked soon.

If anyone is interested to see the current state, here is a link to an exe file: http://www.mediafire.com/?5ujkgduzo4p

Hi Ray

Thanks for your comments, I will upload a template, however, I am waiting for TheDom, he will have a look at my slight concerns at the end of the week.