WnSoft Forums

Help,How do I create a manual show?

B. Trosclair

Hi, I am needing to be able to create a "manual" show. In the older version under "Preview Options", "Main", "Screen Mode" there was a little box you could leave unchecked. I think it said something about the duration of the slide. Anyway, when left unchecked it enabled me to have control over the slide changing. The show could be manually clicked through. Is there a similar "little button" in the new version that I am just not seeing?

Thanks,

B. Trosclair

B,

Welcome to the Forum!

To create a manual show, just check "Customize Slide / Timing / No actions after this slide", and program the mouse buttons in "Project Options / Advanced" to do what you want them to do in order to advance to the next slide or back up, etc.

Hi B. Trosclair,

You not longer have the same feature because of the animation possibility, but it is quite possible to create a manual show either with or without animation and transitions.

First you need to use the Navigation bar which can be set to appear with mouse movement or to "hide" after a determined number of seconds, etc. Let's start with a slide show completely manual with no transitions between slides and with no animations.

You simply click on the "Pause" button from the Navigation Bar then when it changes from the parallel lines to the arrow you use the forward and/or backward arrow to move completely manually without transitions between slides and without animations between slides. This is a completely manual slideshow much like you would have if using IrfanView, etc.

The second way is to set a relatively long time period for the display of each slide. Set something like five minutes (300 seconds, etc.) and simply use the Navigation Bar to move between slides and to move forward or backward. As long as you don't exceed the time you choose while "resting" on a slide, this will essentially work just as with the older method. With this method you have full pan, zoom and rotate ability as well as any transitions you choose between slides. If five minutes as a default isn't enough time choose the equivalent in seconds to 10 minutes or 20, etc.

You can also use the spacebar or even a PowerPoint unit designed to advance slides which simulates a PgUp, PgDn, etc., to change your slides if you wish. Just set the appropriate "allow keyboard" commands in the Project Options. Download and read the User Guide from either the Help File in PTE or from the PTE webside on the Tutorials link.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi, I am needing to be able to create a "manual" show. In the older version under "Preview Options", "Main", "Screen Mode" there was a little box you could leave unchecked. I think it said something about the duration of the slide. Anyway, when left unchecked it enabled me to have control over the slide changing. The show could be manually clicked through. Is there a similar "little button" in the new version that I am just not seeing?

Thanks,

B. Trosclair

Al

The method you describe doesn't seem to work - there's seems no way to get rid of the slide timing default of 4 secs, but maybe I'm missing something.

Lin's suggestion of a long time interval (say 5mins) works OK but the manual click back doesn't use the preferred transition - just a quick 'cut' (not very aesthetic).

Is there a reason behind this behaviour and do we know if Igor is planning to reinstate the manual operation of v.4x?

DEN (NE UK)

The slide timing default will still be 4 sec., so you have to apply "stop at the end of this slide" to each slide where you want this action to apply. If you want to apply it to all slides, wait until your show is complete, and then highlight all slides and apply the option to all of them at once. It works for me.

Igor has indicated he will restore the global option for this feature in the next upgrade.