WnSoft Forums

Version 5.02 Autospread Music

isabel95

Haven't used PTE in a long time and it used to be very simple to synchronize the music to the length of slides.

I've chosen to synchronize the music with the slides and checked autospread on the time line and yet the music ends way before the end of the slides.

Can someone please clue me in on how to set this straight?

TIA.

Isabel

Hi, Isabel,

Good to hear from you again!

Does your show always stop at the same place? Make sure that none of the slides have "Play new background music files" checked in "Customize slide". Did you also use "Timed points / Arrange all points" in the timeline window? Is your music all one selection? How large are the images? I imagine since you have been making shows successfully in the past that all these will be OK, so if you are still having problems, send me your pte project file (no music, no images) and I'll have a look to see if there is any obvious reason for the hangup. (alrobin @ alrobinson.com, remove the spaces).

That was it. I had to check Timed points/Arrange all points...don't remember having to do that in previous versions.

I have to tell you why I am making this particular slideshow...

One of the members of the online Digipets group I moderate for Yahoo group, Tammy Rudd, has kept us in stitches with the antics of her incredible border collie, Shebang, who has appeared on Pet Stars and Ripley's Believe it or Not.

A couple of days ago, we were horrified to learn that Shebang had succumbed to severe pancreatitis at only 8 years old.

Tammy's sister emailed me and mentioned that they wanted to encourage Shebang's "humom" to put together some sort of memorial, and wanted to know how to make a slideshow.

Immediately, PTE came to mind - I love how easy and truly trouble free it's been for me. I bought Photoshow Gold and just couldn't be bothered with it. I like simplicity and fade in/fade outs are enough for me (I wish the default in PTE, by the way, was to NOT have them all checked!).

At any rate, in the interest of speed I put something together to send to her sister and will probably add puppy pictures once I get them. Perhaps the group would enjoy seeing this incredible character. I will upload it shortly.

Isabel

Hi, Isabel,

Good to hear from you again!

Does your show always stop at the same place? Make sure that none of the slides have "Play new background music files" checked in "Customize slide". Did you also use "Timed points / Arrange all points" in the timeline window? Is your music all one selection? How large are the images? I imagine since you have been making shows successfully in the past that all these will be OK, so if you are still having problems, send me your pte project file (no music, no images) and I'll have a look to see if there is any obvious reason for the hangup. (alrobin @ alrobinson.com, remove the spaces).

Isabel,

Glad to hear the problem is solved!

I'm sure most people would be interested in seeing the completed show. :)

I have lost the information for posting. I have the file uploaded to my space and just need to post a link. I believe I have to upload a thumbnail - don't remember what else I have to do - embarrassed to say I lost the file I kept with the info. I'll have to wait till I have that.

Do you have a link to instructions?

Thanks.

Al

I have lost the information for posting. I have the file uploaded to my space and just need to post a link. I believe I have to upload a thumbnail - don't remember what else I have to do - embarrassed to say I lost the file I kept with the info. I'll have to wait till I have that.

Do you have a link to instructions?

Thanks.

Al

Hi Isabel, Long time, no see/hear. Hope you are well. You can post here: http://www.beechbrook.com/upload

Regards,

Bill

Thanks, Al, for the upload info. It's been uploaded.

Got hung up trying to upload via Firefox, went instantly with IE since I was using a link to my storage.

Isabel

Hi Isabel,

That was a great tribute to a beautiful and obviously "very" intelligent little girl! It's a shame that her life was cut short but her candle burned oh so brightly...

Great selection on the music as well.

Best regards,

Lin

That was it. I had to check Timed points/Arrange all points...don't remember having to do that in previous versions.

I have to tell you why I am making this particular slideshow...

One of the members of the online Digipets group I moderate for Yahoo group, Tammy Rudd, has kept us in stitches with the antics of her incredible border collie, Shebang, who has appeared on Pet Stars and Ripley's Believe it or Not.

A couple of days ago, we were horrified to learn that Shebang had succumbed to severe pancreatitis at only 8 years old.

Tammy's sister emailed me and mentioned that they wanted to encourage Shebang's "humom" to put together some sort of memorial, and wanted to know how to make a slideshow.

Immediately, PTE came to mind - I love how easy and truly trouble free it's been for me. I bought Photoshow Gold and just couldn't be bothered with it. I like simplicity and fade in/fade outs are enough for me (I wish the default in PTE, by the way, was to NOT have them all checked!).

At any rate, in the interest of speed I put something together to send to her sister and will probably add puppy pictures once I get them. Perhaps the group would enjoy seeing this incredible character. I will upload it shortly.

Isabel

Thank you, Lin. It was truly a privilege know Shebang and her talented and very loving trainer.

Isabel

Hi Isabel,

That was a great tribute to a beautiful and obviously "very" intelligent little girl! It's a shame that her life was cut short but her candle burned oh so brightly...

Great selection on the music as well.

Best regards,

Lin

Isabel,

Thanks for sharing this slideshow with us - you did a great job in assembling and organizing it. I'm sure your friend was very pleased. Great photos, too! That must have been a wonderful pet!