WnSoft Forums

Lost image

yguy

I have been away from PTE for quite a long while and apologize for an unfinished thread that I started some time ago.

I now have a problem that I have just finished a presentation and all is well except for a missing image which I cannot find. All it says is "image not found" then "Path:" but does not give me any indication what the path is. This appears throughout the presentation and I have passed from one slide to another and cannot find it - anybody have an idea of how I can find it?

I have another request, not related to the first - can the name of the music apppear on the timeline (on the waveform). When many files are used it would help if we could see by name which file we are seeing.

Good advice from Ken above yguy.

The best way to do this is to regularly save your project as a Template, (see File>Templates>Create Template for This Show or use <CTRL>+T), or in PTE v5.x you can use File>Create Backup in ZIP to achieve a folder of all image and sound files used in the project. Then if you move/loose a file you have a copy where you can easily find it. :)

I do have all the images in one folder and then sub folders. But that does not help me because the warning that an image is missing is still there and I have been through time and time again to find what is missing and cannot find anything. If something is missing and everything else seems alright then I am happy but the blue sign is still there and I cannot get rid of it so what is the point - If it told me where it was then I could look for it!!!

Everything works alright. Maybe someone has some suggestions what I can do?

Thanks

yguy

DO A SCREEN SHOT

of error and post it to forum

ken

Please note the problem is only when I wish to review or burn the presentation

In the end I have been forced to copy the whole presentation and start again

Request: In order to make it easier to copy could we have the name of the project on the "Objects and Animation" frame so that we know which project we are working with?

Could you tell me how to post attachment? I have uploaded screenshot but cannot see how to post it in this message!

thanks -

yguy

post-342-1193227684_thumb.jpg