WnSoft Forums

EXE to VHS?

DustyDesert

I just had someone transfer my slide show presentation to a VHS tape. He had to convert it to digital, capture it on his DV recorder, dub it over to SVHS (Hi-8), and then to a VHS tape. I'd like to do this for myself in the future, but don't want to go through so many steps to get there. What do I need? Is there an easier way?

This is very simple to do. Your friend jumped through WAYYY too many hoops to get to the end result.

First, you will need to have a video card in your computer that has a TV out port. This will a RCA or SVHS port. You simply run a cord from your video card to the input of your VCR. Do the same for your audio. Now, go open your "Display" from Control Panel, go to the "Setting" folder and click on the "Advanced" button. One of the folders will have a selection for a second monitor, as long as you have all connections made, to operate as a Clone. That should have you all fixed up. Once you've taped your show, take it to your friend and brag about the quality of your "First Run" video as compared to his 3rd to 4th generation copy. :D

I'm using Windows XP. I don't have a video card yet, but will get one. I did look in my control panel for adding a 2nd monitor, and couldn't find the option. I got to the "advanced" button, and that opened "general, adapter, monitor, troubleshoot, & color management". The monitor folder didn't offer the option. Is that because I don't have any of the connections made right now? Will that option appear once I do?

One more question, what kind of video card do I need? Any recommendations? I'm only interested in slide show to VHS, not any other frills.

~Cindy

Dusty,

I'm using an ATI 8-in-1 card, but I hear rave reviews on the Maatrox dual-head units. Don't be tempted by the $99 converter boxes that connect between the computer and the monitor, spend the extra $50 and get the real deal (unless you REALLY want to buy one and I'll sell you one real cheap, hardly used :D )

I looked up that video card, the MATROX G450 DUAL HEAD 32MB AGP. Is that the one? The picture I saw looks like it has 2 USB ports. I assume there are cords that connect audio and video to these ports and the other ends fit into my VCR? This is very new territory for me.

Thanks for all help and advice.

~Cindy