WnSoft Forums

Lost Sound Track

Martin Eves

Hi Martin,

You can use an audio recorder software (inexpensive or free) which picks up the sound signal from the audio card and saves it as a wav then converts to mp3. This is the one I use:

http://www.mp3-recorder.biz/

There may be a free one available - check around the web. Unfortunately the Windows recorder (the one which comes with Windows) is limited to about 30 seconds.....

Lin

Hi All

I need some help. I have been working on an old project most of the file I have found but I can not find the sound track that I used. I have a copy of the old EXE file with the sound track. Is there any way I can get the sound from that?

Thanks for any help

Martin

Martin,

Here is a fast & little known trick to obtain all your music using Audacity Digital Audio Editor.

-Open Audacity and use File/Open to select your PTE show exe.

-Once the music is imported ... save to any music format or edit as you wish.

This is a very interesting "undocumented function" of Audacity.

On trying it I get varied results.

Several show .exe files I have created using .wav files only give me a short burst of noise.

Other shows work as indicated but I'm not sure what type of sound file was used, (to long ago for an oldie to remember, I think mp3).

Yet others will close Audacity with the error message "Runtime error -- path to audacity.exe shown -- abnormal program termination". :huh:

Martin,

Here is a fast & little known trick to obtain all your music using Audacity Digital Audio Editor.

-Open Audacity and use File/Open to select your PTE show exe.

-Once the music is imported ... save to any music format or edit as you wish.

This worked a treat. There was a burst of noise for about half a second then it was fine. Just needed to to trim the start of the file.

Thanks I will have to remembern this one

Regards

Martin