WnSoft Forums

Help with Audacity Please

:D Hello All,

Thank you all for your help yesterday ,today brings a new challange folks once again I would appreciate a simple sulition that I can follow I am almost ready with a show and the music has me baffled I used audacity to mix two tracks (yes I am shocked I have got this far) my problem is when I try to export them as a MP3 file I get the following message

"Audacity does not export mp3 files directly but instead uses the freely available Lame Library to handle mp3 file encoding,you must obtain Lame_enc.dll separately ,by downloading the Lame mp3 encoder and then locate this file for Audacity you need only do this once would you like to locate them now. I hit yes and a second message appears "Could not open mp3 encoding library." my guess is I am missing the library so can any one help here, Thank you all in advance Keep on rocking Clive.

Hello Clive,

just munching on my lunch. It would seem that you need to go to aweb page to down load the files as Audacity has not got the ability to launch you into a down load page. Try typing Lame mp3 encoder into your search engine and see what happens. Glad to see you are "mixing" with the big boys now, :D

Alan

What I do is just export my file

as a wav then I convert it to an MP3

I know this is an extra step. But I already

had a program I liked to convert wav's to MP3's

If you don't have a convert program

Boxing has a Free Wav to Mp3 program

on his site. It is # 15 under

"Programs and Utilities"

http://www.thailandphotoalbum.com/#programs

It is only 670 KB and I am sure he

will help you with any questions

Or add some more options if you wish

He is very helpful.

cc

:D Hi CC,

Many thanks for such a simple solution I had not saw this option yes I have a ripper but "could not see the wood for the trees" this forum is the finest cheers I will now try to get the show up to the Cottage

Regards Clive.

Hello Clive!

-To avoid problems you are facing you should use the following programs:

SoundForge 5, SoundForge 6 or CoolEdit 5...10. It's good way. :-)))

-Nero program is kept small WaveEditor ( ahead-->Nero-->WaveEditor-->WaveEdit.exe)

For mixing this program is bad, for WAV to MP3 converting is very good.

Regards!

Oleg

:P Hi All,

Thanks to all who posted a reply all proved useful and informative the lenght some people go to in the aid of others is very heartening, I managed to upload "Catch A Wave "to The Cottage (Thanks Bill) the track is not the Best but perhaps the content is not too bad I will now look to a new project,

Once more you guys Rock Regards Clive.