WnSoft Forums

High Definition DVD Slideshows

Carol Steele

I am contemplating creating High Definition DVD slideshows. Is P2Exe VideoBuilder capable of doing this - and if so do I build the slideshow for a screen size of 1930 x 1080 ppi

...... and yes, I am aware I will need both a BluRay and HD DVD writer for me to do this.

However, would it be possible to write small (say 20 mins) of HD content to an ordinary DVD and have it play back as HD ???

• 2 weeks later...

Carol,

Now that I'm back from my latest assignment I'llbe updating the HD section of the tutorial soon. The short answer is no, you can't use VideoBuilder for HD. Post any specific questions you have on the forum and I'll try to get time to answer.

Ray

I am contemplating creating High Definition DVD slideshows. Is P2Exe VideoBuilder capable of doing this - and if so do I build the slideshow for a screen size of 1930 x 1080 ppi

...... and yes, I am aware I will need both a BluRay and HD DVD writer for me to do this.

However, would it be possible to write small (say 20 mins) of HD content to an ordinary DVD and have it play back as HD ???

I tried playing HD (1920 x 1020) mpeg videos from an ordinary DVD disc. I found that the DVD drive (16x) was not fast enough. However, if I copied the file to my harddrive it played from there OK.

Carol,

Now that I'm back from my latest assignment I'llbe updating the HD section of the tutorial soon. The short answer is no, you can't use VideoBuilder for HD. Post any specific questions you have on the forum and I'll try to get time to answer.

Ray

Thanks Ray, I'll wait til you update and see if I need more information after that.

• 2 weeks later...

Carol,

I have finished the first draft of the update to the HD tutorial and it is now being proof-read. Contact me privately via the forum if you'd like an advanced copy.

Ray

Carol,

The updated HD tutorial has now been included in a revision of the guide. It is pinned in the tutorial section and it should give you all the information you need for creating HD content on regular DVDs with a regular DVD burner.

Ray

• 3 weeks later...