WnSoft Forums

Networked Computers

tkdphoto

Hi all,

I have a little problem locating my photos on my system. I work on Windows XP, my system is networked, and my photos are all loaded onto one of the network drives for upload to my web site. The problem is when I am trying to create a slide show, I can not locate these files. The network settings does not show under the C drive. I then have to copy all photos to a CD Rom and then do my work from the D drive.

My PTE software and my photos are all on the same system, but they way it is called "My Network Places", then "My photos on ......" Is there an easier way to do this besides copying to CD to create my slide shows.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi, Sue,

In Windows Explorer, select menu item, "Tools / Map Network Drive". You will be automatically given a drive letter. In "Path", select the folder you wish to access in PTE.

Thank-You! it worked GREAT! But I do have a real dumb question. Example: If I do any editing on a photo from the original drive - My Network/My Photos, etc. Will the edited file be on the new drive, or are they separate files, and I will have to do the editing twice? Also, will this be taking more room on my drive?

Thanks again, it is definately much easier to access the files this way.

Sue,

The editing will be on the network drive - the new drive is just a sort of "shortcut" to the network drive. When you are finished using it, you can "Disconnect" it from the same menu. No data will be lost.