WnSoft Forums

lost key response

fgnoel

Late last night I emailed the company advising them I had lost my key due to a disasterous crash of my computer and a reformating of the hard drive. By this morning they had emailed me a new key. Wouldn't it be great if other companies were so responsive to their customers.

Thanks,

Frank

I'll second that on Wnsoft, Frank! And wouldn't it be great if computers never crashed and never lost hard drive data? On the first point we depend upon Microsoft and their house of cards software. Oh well. But on the second point the technology is ready today, for an added cost of about $100 for a new computer with redundant data storage, or maybe a little more for do it yourself.

I'll third that on Wnsoft, Bill!

Frank, I dont quite expect this is going to happen universally among the vast numbers of software developers out there. :P Also keep in mind, most dont even offer lifetime upgrades.

Best advice is to back up any critical data/files and store remotely in some other medium (Cdr,floppy) or backup drive. I personally make 2 backup copies ... one to a remote drive and another to a CD Disk.

It would be nice to have everything we loose get replaced free, timely and without question :unsure: ... but ... ultimately the responsibility still remains with us to provide precautions/backups for such disasters/loses.

Goes to show you ... WnSoft offers alot more than most software makers.