WnSoft Forums

Problems burning PTE to Ulead DVD Movie Factory 4

ryt

Folks,

Does anyone out there have a simple step by step guide I can follow to allow me to burn a DVD of my PTE slide presentations using Ulead DVD Movie Factory 4?

I have tried unsuccessfully on numerous occasions and find the process very frustrating. I have encountered a number of problem, not least of which is that when Ulead tries to find the PTE file, nothing shows up?

Can anyone out there help?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Ryt

Ryt,

There are several ways to do this.

First click on the "Video" button at the bottom of the screen, and select "DVD-Video disc". Try checking "For Ulead DVD MovieFactory" first. Press "Create AVI", and make a note of where the resulting AVI file will be created. Note that with this option, only a temporary AVI file is created, so you have to leave the Video menu of PTE open while importing into the Ulead program. In Ulead, search for the AVI file where PTE indicated it would be created. It should still be there if you have not closed the PTE video menu.

If the rendering does not produce a suitable video file, then try un-checking "For Ulead DVD MovieFactory", as this may only apply to older versions of the Ulead program. Lastly, if this doesn't work, create a "Custom AVI video file" (the top choice on the PTE AVI video file menu). This will create a permanent AVI file which you can import into Ulead.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

Hi Al,

I have gone through the process you suggested and there seems to have been progress when using the "custom AVI file" setting. Ulead can now see the file, when I click to add video file. It allows me to create a menu, however when I reach what would appear to be the final screen to burn the DVD, and hit the Burn icon I keep getting a message up saying "The disc is not empty or there is no disc in the device" with the option then to retry or cancel. I have a DVD recordable disc in my D Drive, so I do not know why it is not recognising this?

On the final screen it says:

Label PRJ080207

Drive D> NEC DVD RW

Disc Type Empty (This is in red writing? Even though I have a disc in the D Drive?)

Do you have any thoughts on how to rectify this

Thanks for your help folks. I have managed to burn a PTE DVD for the first time, after trying on and off for nearly two years.

I think that the Ulead software I was using was problematic. I removed and re-installed it and it allowed me to burn this time?

There is definitely a bug in V4 of the ulead software though, as when finished burning, I removed the DVD. A message then came on screen stating there was no disc in the drive, with options to retry, cancel or continue. Nothing I did would remove the irritating message from re-appearing every second or so. I had to shut my laptop and re-boot to get rid of it. As long as I can burn DVD's I am prepared to live with this albeit I would be interested to know if anyone out there has overcome this problem.

Regards

Ryt