WnSoft Forums

Spécial Festival Diaporamas Digital-France

gaphe

Preparations for the International Slide Show Festival are under way.

It will be a friendly competition which gathers together slide show developers who use Picture To Exe

The International Festival consists of two separate Festivals:

-The Festival of the town of Hayange (France) - October 31 and November 1, 2003

-The Festival of the town of Nilvange (France) - December 5 and 6, 2003

The deadline for submission will be October 10, 2003.

The English translation of the rules and regulations will soon be posted on line.

Feel free to ask any questions you may have, and we look forward to your participation..

Greetings to all our friends at Gaphe! :D

Robert and I had a wonderful time when we attended the AV Festival at Hayange.

Unfortunatley we will not be able to join you this year as there is a clash with British AV weekends.

We hope we can arrange 2004 dates so that the french and british AV festivals do not clash. :)

Maybe you will all be able to come over to the 2004 IAC Geoffrey Round Digital AV Competition :)

This will take place in Haworth, in a beautiful part of Yorkshire, where the Bronte Sisters lived.

To be held at The Three Sisters Hotel on Saturday March 27th 2004.

We hope the event will have FIAP Patronage.

The three Judges are:

1 Jacques Denis MFIAP, Hon EFIAP, Vice President of FIAP and President of the AV Commission. (Chairman)

2 Doug Mackrell FRPS, AFIAP Leeds & District AV Group

3 Valrie Ellis FACI, President of IAC.

You can see more details on the web site for av world at http://www.avworld.org

We look forward to meeting up with you again in the future :)

and wish you all a very happy and successful Festival.

love from Maureen & Robert Albright

Hello Maureen,

Sad news that you both won't be able to come again to Hayange :)

I don't know yet if I'll be able to come to the next IAC Geoffrey Round Digital AV Competition, but I for sure will be there for the RPS Internationals in September '04 :)

But I hope that there will be in the meantime other opportunities to meet and see AV shows.

Cheers

Gérard

In my country I have already seen several slide shows about advertising, some of which tell a "compte rendu " of a trip. I did not know that we could develop a slide show in a such creative way to tell a story or to share a personal experience. This must be very exciting !!

Alba

Hi Alba

The creative slide show done by non-professionals has existed in Europe for several decades; the international Festival of Epinal (France) is in its 42nd year. But it is the traditional slide show with sound track. Since this year the Digital Slide Show has begun to be organized in Europe The first Festival was hosted in England in March, 2003. Our festival is the first in French territory..

As far as I know, the first international event with digital shows was in fact the 15th RPS International AV Festival, held in September '02 in Cirencester, UK. It was a 'traditional' AV festival but digital sequences were also accepted to take part in the competition; they were judged as a separate category... and a sequence by Ian Bateman (who posted a message just above) was the winner !

The first 'all digital' international festival was this year's IAC Geoffrey Round Competition.

More info can be read on AV World Website.

Actually the very first International "digital Audio Visual Event" (DAVE) was held in Aldbourne in 2000 ;) and we'll be holding our fifth in November 2003 with Ron Wilkinson :D and Peter Coles.

(It was also an RPS event & we had several nationalities present... including the Welsh, but sadly no french :D .......yet ??? hopefully one day we'll meet lots of forum members at a "DAVE") see www.wessex-dig.org.uk for our next one.

Perhaps we should congratulate Ian not only on his success, in the last RPS International but also on his recent Fellowship of the Royal Photographic Society - the first person to ever achieve it with digital Audio Visual photography. Well done Ian.

I must admit it gives me great pleasure to be able to view the many wonderful sequences I have been able to download from Bill's Beechbrook site - many thanks Bill for your hard work. Thank you also to all who have shared their work and utilities with us all. You all deserve medals & prizes. I am sorry I can't add some of my DAV at present, but am happy to post CDs.

At the last international DAV Competition the sequences were projected on a digital Royale. It is however very important for those who wish to submit entries to know in advance the technical specifications of the projection set up, especially the graphics card and memory. We also had one entry produced by an Apple Mac user !

What will be the projection system you will be using please Gerard?

Best wishes

Maureen

Hi Ian

For the Hayange and Nilvange Festival we will use the following equipments:

- Processor Athlon 2200, -

-Windows XP -

-Hard Drive 7200t/m -

-512 Mo of RAM -

-Graphics Card ATI Radeon 9200 with 128 mo of video memory

A 2nd computer with similar characteristics will be in reserve, as a back

up

Technical conditions Festival diaporama digital:

Video projecteur Nec HT 1000

For the Hayange festival we will use the Molitor Room, capacity 200 seats

with a screen of

3,5 by 6m

For the Nilvange festival we will use the conference room at the Media

library, capacity of a 100 seats with a screen dimensions of 2,5 by 3,5m..

• 1 month later...

I have taken some photographs with a Ricoh digital camera. A friend of mine

who is a photographer had also done several portraits of Chippy. Because I

do not have a scanner, I will photograph these portraits with my Ricoh.

After a first slide show test I realized that the creation of a slide show

can take time. I also realized that I must look at how the images are

assembled in order to give continuity to the story. It is not enough to put

one photo after another. There must be a way to develop a creative slide

show, but for now the process it is still quite foreign to me.

Alba,

You are so right! It takes a lot of time, and the more creative and discriminating you become, the longer it takes.

It helps when preparing a show if you start with a "story-board", the same as used in preparing commercials for TV. This consists of a series of thumb-nail sketches showing roughly the sequence of images you plan to use, and notes about the sound and/or music, transitions, etc.

Hello all,

This is one of the corner stones of audio visual and is the hardest to teach. i would suggest you download some shows from Beechbrook and watch them not for the images but for the way the show is assembled. You can learn this but it will ruin your television and cinema viewing, as you will always have at least one eye on the director and the editor for their tricks, :D

Regards,

Alan

• 1 month later...

Chers ami(e)s

Un petit bonjour de la France pour vous rappeler que nous organisons le

Festival International de Diaporamas et que la date d'inscription est fixé

pour le 10 octobre 2003. Nous espérons que vous nous ferez l'amitié d'y participer. Toutes les

réalisations personnelles sont accepteés : slide show, séries sonorisées ,

diaporamas documentaires, chansons, récits inédits, création audiovisuelles

courtes..

2 conditions majeures :

- faire le diaporama avec PTE

- durée maxi 10 minutes !!!

Bonne création !!

Merci de nous faire une traduction dans la langue de votre pays et la

proposer a l'administrateur wnsoft. :rolleyes: