WnSoft Forums

Along the Border part1 at Beechbrook

cagney123

Images were taken in March 2005. They are primarily in chronological order so you get a sense of how things moved along.

Due to the extreme danger that is very much present at all times, and especially at night, I wouldn't recommend doing this trip at this time. The route is in the first part of the show. This area has incredible desert vistas and a feeling of openness that I love so much. Hope you enjoy the show. I kept the various parts to about 3 minutes or less. Each is quite different from the other in mood and images. Hope you enjoy...and as always feel free to comment.

Jeff Lunt

This area has incredible desert vistas and a feeling of openness that I love so much. Hope you enjoy the show. or less. Each is quite different from the Hope you enjoy...and as always feel free to comment.

Jeff Lunt

Jeff -

You captured the desolation of that border area well. You have a couple of great shots from the highway. I'm currently reading the book "Comanche Moon" and your images go well with the Larry McMurtry's written imagery.

Keep traveling, and keep shooting.

Regards,

Dave

Each is quite different from the other in mood and images. Hope you enjoy...and as always feel free to comment.

Jeff Lunt

Hi Jeff -

I've just finished looking at "Bootheel" #s 2, 3, & 4 at Beechbrook. I really liked #s 3 & 4. The music was great, and as usual, you always have a sense of adventure to your explorations. You and your wife seem to find the neatest camping spots. I paused the shows several times to study your camping gear. I can't believe your back can survive sleeping on a cot.

Good job--keep them coming.

Dave

Thanks Dave...funny thing...I liked section 2 the best...but I'm very sentimental and it worked for me. I guess it is a good thing we mix it up a bit.

I actually sleep better on a cot than anything else. Last year I slept on a cot every night until it dropped down into the 20s. I sleep on a futon now...and

Sammy, my female Akita, sleeps right next to me. Karen gets up all night letting the cat in and out so I decided to move into my

music studio and just live there. It works great.

Hadn't noticed a message you sent a while back, but I did return a message to you with some personal info. Hope you got it.

I tend to camp light...just a cot under the stars, but I always bring a tent just in case. I am thinking that in the future I might get a second had

extremely small trailer just for base came...mainly for cooking and sleeping in bad weather...even that gets old in a tent. In the past I've just hooked a tarp to my SUV and used that for shelter...and that worked great. I think I'll look into that for now. I drilled holes and used plumbing pipe plus a tarp. Wind is a huge

factor here and you really need heavy duty equipment to stand. 70 miles an hour can happen on any afternoon.

Glad you were checking out the gear. I do the same on yours. I think we are birds of a feather on the outdoor and photography scene.

Hope all is well on your end and glad you are about to head out more often. I always look forward to your shows.

Jeff

Hi Jeff -

I've just finished looking at "Bootheel" #s 2, 3, & 4 at Beechbrook. I really liked #s 3 & 4. The music was great, and as usual, you always have a sense of adventure to your explorations. You and your wife seem to find the neatest camping spots. I paused the shows several times to study your camping gear. I can't believe your back can survive sleeping on a cot.

Good job--keep them coming.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Jeff, Just watched all four and as always very enjoyable. No2 was I think the one I liked best,but they all had some great images in them. Not a big fan of titles on slides in shows but thats just a personal thing.

I love way you seem to mix what we would call holiday pictures with great images .....if you get me.

Again as always very fitting music.

Thanks for that.

All the Best

Neil

Thanks Neil.

I debated about the title thing. I thought about narrating, but really I just wanted to comment on a couple images and since I

wasn't pushing the artistic envelope I figured a couple quick notes would fly. But, truthfully, I totally agree.

I do understand the homey pics thrown in...it is intentional as I like to keep perspective and after all, it is just Karen and I having fun

along the trail.

Any ideas on the title thing...how to convey some information without printing on the picture? I'm not sure my voice is good for narration, and

actually I really like to convey a feeling without voice-overs...though some stories require it.

Thanks Neil....you pretty much brought home what I suspected.

Jeff

Jeff, Just watched all four and as always very enjoyable. No2 was I think the one I liked best,but they all had some great images in them. Not a big fan of titles on slides in shows but thats just a personal thing.

I love way you seem to mix what we would call holiday pictures with great images .....if you get me.

Again as always very fitting music.

Thanks for that.

All the Best

Neil