WnSoft Forums

DVD looks different that avi files

sefowler1

I used a camcorder on vacation and now I am transferring those tapes to DVD. I am using Windows Movie Maker to transfer the files from the camcorder to my computer. The avi files look great on the computer. I then created the DVD using the Video Builder v5.1 beta 2. It created with no problems.

When I am watching the DVD on the TV, I see some weird squiggly lines. Here is the strange part... the squiggly parts are ONLY there when the movie pans quickly. When the footage is stationary on a person for example, everything looks great. If I panned over to the side, the edges of the objects appear squiggly until the action stops moving. If it is just minor movement like people talking, it is ok. It only happens when they were moments of a lot a movement.

Any ideas what caused this or how to prevent it? I know it isn't on the actual tape in the camcorder and it wasn't there when transferred to the computer. It is only on the DVD, but not all the time.

• 2 weeks later...