WnSoft Forums

Aux Mort

morturn

Really enjoyed viewing your show. Images are superb with very thoughtful use of the light. Would be interested to know if they are digitally "toned" or perhaps scans of darkroom prints?

Also thought the av presentation was excellent - refreshingly simple. Less is certainly more in this case.

Malcolm

Would be interested to know if they are digitally "toned" or perhaps scans of darkroom prints?

Hi Malcolm

Yes the images are all digitally toned in Photoshop and taken on a Canon EOS 5D.

I create a new adjustment layer for channels to convert to mono (100% on the red channel), and then create another adjustment layer for Hue and Saturation (hue 45 saturation 20)

Then crop to 1024x768 and apply the noise filter

I create a new adjustment layer for channels to convert to mono (100% on the red channel), and then create another adjustment layer for Hue and Saturation (hue 45 saturation 20)

Then crop to 1024x768 and apply the noise filter

Interesting approach. Not used that method for toning before - must give it a try. The applied noise gives them a real darkroom feel.

Interesting approach. Not used that method for toning before - must give it a try. The applied noise gives them a real darkroom feel.

The beauty of using adjustment layers is so you can always go back to them and make further adjustments if required. I prefer to do mono like this because you can vary each channel to get the best image detail and mono effect.

Very enjoyable and a nice technique, thanks Morturn.

Nicely done! The colors and the transition techniques used compliment the photographs. I am also amazed at the amount of work that went into the actual sculptures. Who would have thought that such an elegant show could be created from an ancient cemetery! Thank you for sharing this.

I wonder if you would be kind enough to tell us which transition and the settings you used to display the initial slide with the gradually appearing lines. Thanks!

Hi Mary

Thanks for your comments.

The transition on the first slide is "hour Hand clock wise" witha duration of about 3.5 seconds. hope this helps if not please get back to me

I wanted to keep it as short as possible, with just simple transitions.

You thoughts and comment would be most welcome

Wow !!!

A superb and very poignant sequence !

Photos are excellent, treatment fits perfectly the subject, a great background music .... brilliant !

Thanks for sharing

Patrick