WnSoft Forums

Possible Software Conflict

isabel95

For months I have been having a problem with not being able to burn more than one track with my Plextor PX 760A burner.

For a while I was able to burn through Windows XP, but even that became unsuccessful.

I wondered what was causing the problem and looked for applications I had recently installed and I had in the past few month's upgraded to version 5.0.

So...I uninstalled PTE, reinstalled Cyberlink Power2Go which I had uninstalled when I had the problem because it wasn't working for me...and lo and behold I was able to a DVD, a CD and copy a disk from drive to drive. BUT...I still can't burn more than one track on a disk. If I try to burn another track I get a failure (and the program is set so that the disk doesn't close).

I am completely baffled, and of course want to be able to use PTE as well.

Isabel

Guest Yachtsman1
For months I have been having a problem with not being able to burn more than one track with my Plextor PX 760A burner.

For a while I was able to burn through Windows XP, but even that became unsuccessful.

I wondered what was causing the problem and looked for applications I had recently installed and I had in the past few month's upgraded to version 5.0.

So...I uninstalled PTE, reinstalled Cyberlink Power2Go which I had uninstalled when I had the problem because it wasn't working for me...and lo and behold I was able to a DVD, a CD and copy a disk from drive to drive. BUT...I still can't burn more than one track on a disk. If I try to burn another track I get a failure (and the program is set so that the disk doesn't close).

I am completely baffled, and of course want to be able to use PTE as well.

Isabel

Hi I recently needed to burn then copy 50 DVD's for a Church fund raiser. I have recently upgraded to 5.1, my first attempt on a 1.4gb show took almost 3 hours to complete, which was going to be unacceptable. I tried the same burn again and this time got an original burned version in an hour. After that I decided to copy the rest of the batch from the second orignal, the software installed on my laptop kept giving an error message whe i tried to copy my original saying i was infringeing copyright. I went to Computeractives web site and downloaded a trial version of Chilli Burner, this allowed me to make a copy in 10 minutes and provided I didn't shut down after one copy I was able to burn as many copies as I wanted without exceeding the trial limit.

Now I've written this I'm not sure if it will help you, but it may help others who have had problems burning shows ising PTE, incidentally the DVD version was not as good a quality as the original file.

Imgburn (http://www.imgburn.com/) is a free image burning program, a very versatile and stable program.

Quote : "ImgBurn is a lightweight CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application that everyone should have in their toolkit!"

Note: The Express Burn Advert is NOT ImgBurn. Get ImgBurn from the Download button at the top left of the page, just under the ImgBurn logo.

Colin

how did you get the second burn down to an hour

and

the 1.5 gb value -- was that what the expected final size was going to be?

we should have the specs on your laptop -- suspect it is overworked

what copy software is on your laptop- did you contact the vendor?

ken

Guest Yachtsman1
how did you get the second burn down to an hour

and

the 1.5 gb value -- was that what the expected final size was going to be?

we should have the specs on your laptop -- suspect it is overworked

what copy software is on your laptop- did you contact the vendor?

ken

Hi Ken

Q 1. Pass, it just happened, 1.5gb was the size on the DVD, the file started out at 70.9mb, the laptop is a Samsung G15 with .8gb ram, 250gb HD, running XP SP2 Professional. Don't understand the vendor question, which vendor software, laptop, chilli burner??, however the anser is no.

Thanks for asking.

Guest Yachtsman1
Imgburn (http://www.imgburn.com/) is a free image burning program, a very versatile and stable program.

Quote : "ImgBurn is a lightweight CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application that everyone should have in their toolkit!"

Note: The Express Burn Advert is NOT ImgBurn. Get ImgBurn from the Download button at the top left of the page, just under the ImgBurn logo.

Colin

Hi Colin

Tried that but it wouldn't work for me, have tried 3 or 4 of the free downloads, but chilli burner at$29 seems a good buy and very easy to use. Just my opinion though.

Yachtsman1.

ISABEL,

I just wondered had you read my reply to your problem below:-

I suspect that you have recently changed over to a 'Vista Computer' using

Windows Media Player-11 and in the past you were using an XP-Computer

with Win.Media Player-10, am I correct...?

If this is the case I'm afraid I have bad news for you. All new 'Vista PC'

are supplied with DRM (Digital Rights Management) pre-installed.

That means, if you attempt to 'Copy-or-Rip' Music content from a DRM-CD

you will be denied access to that Burner-Utility. Even if you convert the

content to another Format ~ this will not fool the DRM System.

The only way to do as you wish is to install a 'Audio-Recorder' on your PC

and record the 'Live-Music' with that and then burn the recorded File.

This problem was recently debated on the Forum to the bitter end.

Brian.Conflow.

P.S

As you know your 'thread' was moved to another section of the Forum

because origional replies to this 'problem' took up pages after page.