WnSoft Forums

Problem with PTE burning DVD with Ulead Movie Factory

ryt

Folks,

I am successfully making PTE slide shows that play great on my PC . I have a problem however when I burn to DVD using Ulead Movie Factory 4. The DVD burn process works fine however when I play back my DVD's on my TV, the images, especially the portrait images have part of the image cut off. I believe that I have sized my pictures correctly, and as I say the pictures in the slideshow are fine when viewed on my PC screen. Is there a setting I need to adjust one either PTE or the Ulead Movie Factory 4 software. I am based in Europe and have seleted the appropriate PAL setting.

I have tried all the sreen options in project options in PTE however this seems to make no difference to the burned DVD

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am fairly new to all this.

Thanks in anticipation

Ryt

I have found that you have to keep text in from the right side with video builder

verticals -- right side lines always give problems -wigggles/jaggies - use full screen pict wherever possible

make sure you have show tv safe zone checked

people have always complained about ulead products -- do forum search for ulead

ken

Hi Ryt, in my opinion Igor's Videobuilder has developed to such a degree of perfection that there really is no reason not to work with PtE de Luxe 5.1; the price is very reasonable, not to say cheap, and all works very easy and intuitive. I worked with a lot of burning applications(from 1992), but for my PtE shows this is the one for me!

regards,

Henri. :rolleyes:

Thanks for getting back chaps. I do not have any text in the slideshow. It is purely picyures to music. I take on board the comment about Ulead products. Maybe I should switch to vidoebuilder. Does it work in the same way with PTE i.e do I create an AVI file then open video builder and burn the DVD?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards

Mark

make sure you have show tv safe zone checked

This is very important!

Did you do this?

Please forgive my ignorance however the "TV safe zone option" is it in PTE or Ulead Movie Factory? And what screen or tab is it on?

Ryt

I believe it is a check box in PTE when you are setting up your slide show.

It shows a box within the normal view box that approximates what will

show when you put your show on TV.

I can tell you that things you want to see-- like the top of someone's head-

need to be inside that smaller area or they will be cropped off in the DVD.

If you can't find it, come back here and someone will show you a screen

shot or something, I'm sure.

Good luck!!

Dan D.

Louisville, Kentucky USA