WnSoft Forums

Exception EAccess Violation

srw

Gday Viewers...

Basically i have been using "Show copyright logo". This logo is an .png. I have found that when starting a show using beta2 and Beta3 when the "Show copyright logo" was ticked, generally freezes the display box, sometimes the whole program - and brings up 'Exception EAccessViolation in module apr.exe at 00018DFB.

In Beta3, if left and saved with "Show copyright logo",closing the program will bring up a dialog box stating- 'Unhandled Exception at "TPteEngine" Disposing (D:\D_common\Wnlib\WpTypes.pas, Line 536).

This dialog box on closing only happens in Beta3, with "Show copyright logo" checked, and the "Exception EAccessViolation" dialogue box occurred in Beta2 and Beta3, not Beta1.

Otherwise your program is an overkill of value... ;)

Computer has Microsoft XP pro sp3- AMD 64x2 Dual core 4000+ -1.00gb ram 160 hdd- GE force 7600 256mb.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

Further to the above:1

Yes, all jpg png gif bmp formats work without any problems but...

I have been, unconventionaly i guess,using the "Show copyright logo" with a 1280x1024 transparent .png, as a way of having a picture frame effect to the whole show. The border effect trimmed the show nicely, looked excellent and has worked in all since its inception,

that is until Beta 2...

I set the logo size to 99.9, that seems to help for the while.

My point is maybe this small occurrance could quite possibly inflict some other indirect limitations elsewhere.

For now i be using Beta1 :)

Gday Viewers...

Basically i have been using "Show copyright logo". This logo is an .png. I have found that when starting a show using beta2 and Beta3 when the "Show copyright logo" was ticked, generally freezes the display box, sometimes the whole program - and brings up 'Exception EAccessViolation in module apr.exe at 00018DFB.

In Beta3, if left and saved with "Show copyright logo",closing the program will bring up a dialog box stating- 'Unhandled Exception at "TPteEngine" Disposing (D:\D_common\Wnlib\WpTypes.pas, Line 536).

This dialog box on closing only happens in Beta3, with "Show copyright logo" checked, and the "Exception EAccessViolation" dialogue box occurred in Beta2 and Beta3, not Beta1.

Otherwise your program is an overkill of value... ;)

Computer has Microsoft XP pro sp3- AMD 64x2 Dual core 4000+ -1.00gb ram 160 hdd- GE force 7600 256mb.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

Further to the above:1

Yes, all jpg png gif bmp formats work without any problems but...

I have been, unconventionaly i guess,using the "Show copyright logo" with a 1280x1024 transparent .png, as a way of having a picture frame effect to the whole show. The border effect trimmed the show nicely, looked excellent and has worked in all since its inception,

that is until Beta 2...

I set the logo size to 99.9, that seems to help for the while.

My point is maybe this small occurrance could quite possibly inflict some other indirect limitations elsewhere.

For now i be using Beta1 :)

I see you haven't had any answers to date, a most unusual situation for this group.

I tried to replicate your problem with various file formats, but coud not get the error. Re-reading your post, I see now you are trying to frame the entire screen with a large frame. I suspect that PTE has an internal size limitation on copyright files, and your 1280*1024 file is too big. I did try it with a transparent frame at 1024*768 with no problems.

I'm using a Dell laptop with a 1.8 GHz dual-core cpu and 3 GB ram and an 8600M-GT gpu, not too different from your setup, but in any case I don't think the error is hardware related.

Colin

Colin,

I'm inclined to agree with you, and I had noticed there were no replies to this query ?

My understanding of a Copyright-Logo would be a bespoke 'Limited-size Text Object'

simply overlaid on a Image ~alternatively~ a moveable Icon overlaid on an Image.

I think Endevil had exploited an delimited Code-Line within the 1st release of Pte-V5.1.

(Its normal to leave a number of these 'Lines' in a virgin release such as the V.5.1 Origional).

Since then its apparent that Igor has completed that line of Program Code and its now shut.

The PNG Transparency used to generate a Picture-Frame (Mask) would be extremely large

in size compared to the size of a simple Text Line. So parking that into the Copyright Logo

position in Pte-5.2 or 5.3 would cause a Memory over-run as the System tries vainly to load

it into that position ~ evident by the returned error-code:-

'Exception AccessViolation in module apr.exe at 00018DFB'.....or other words to that effect.

This is my interpretion of the 'alledged fault' whereas in effect it was a simple accidental

exploitation of a piece of 'open-code' in Pte 5.1.

Brian.Conflow.

Colin,

I'm inclined to agree with you, and I had noticed there were no replies to this query ?

My understanding of a Copyright-Logo would be a bespoke 'Limited-size Text Object'

simply overlaid on a Image ~alternatively~ a moveable Icon overlaid on an Image.

I think Endevil had exploited an delimited Code-Line within the 1st release of Pte-V5.1.

(Its normal to leave a number of these 'Lines' in a virgin release such as the V.5.1 Origional).

Since then its apparent that Igor has completed that line of Program Code and its now shut.

The PNG Transparency used to generate a Picture-Frame (Mask) would be extremely large

in size compared to the size of a simple Text Line. So parking that into the Copyright Logo

position in Pte-5.2 or 5.3 would cause a Memory over-run as the System tries vainly to load

it into that position ~ evident by the returned error-code:-

'Exception AccessViolation in module apr.exe at 00018DFB'.....or other words to that effect.

This is my interpretion of the 'alledged fault' whereas in effect it was a simple accidental

exploitation of a piece of 'open-code' in Pte 5.1.

Brian.Conflow.

Yep, I agree with that. The program probably has a fixed size field to accommodate the logo, and a large file would cause an overrun and destroy the subsequent program coding. Perhaps Igor is able to verify or otherwise this line of reasoning.

Colin

H :D wdy!

I'm not too savvy on program terminology or construct-

- (I think Endevil had exploited an delimited Code-Line within the 1st release of Pte-V5.1.

- (Its normal to leave a number of these 'Lines' in a virgin release such as the V.5.1 Origional).

Since then its apparent that Igor has completed that line of Program Code and its now shut.)

All i know is that i,ve been using this "Copyright feature"as an semilogo/Picture-Frame (Mask) since around v4.30,

initially using a transparent gif, - then changed it to a .png picture in v5.0- right up until 5.5.2

-(I suspect that PTE has an internal size limitation on copyright files)

If this is the case - Why now? Its worked a treat all this time, as far as im concerned there is enough limitations in life already! <_<

I guess Igor,s master plan requires this tweek.

Thanx aplenty for the technical musings. :blink:

endevil,

If you haven't already come across it, you might find this thread of interest. It concerns techniques for constructing a Frame or Mask to fit over images.

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index....5&hl=Frames

:rolleyes:

Thankyou Peter for your advice... but i dont really have a problem making masks, only using them in the (from 5.52 up) "Show copyright logo"as an global Picture-Frame (Mask).

Because the "Show copyright logo" is global (lazymansfeature) its basically designed for not what i have been using it for, but it saves you having to apply it to each slide manualy.

Adding another (lazymansfeature) like "Show Frame/Border" below the "Show copyright logo" or removing the assumed Limited-size Text Object from "Show copyright logo" would be an effective addition to PTE,s bells and whistles.

Mmm... squeaky wheel syndrome

Anyway, Thanx again for your thought.