WnSoft Forums

Synchronise only part of a show?

johndigi

In the past, all the shows I have done had the music synchronized to the music and equal time for all slides.- very easy and worked very well. I am working on a show with some animations (I LOVE the PZR features!). I want those slides to display a little longer. Also, I will be manually setting the timing of certain other slides to sync with te music. Then I want the rest of the slides to be spread out so that the whole show finishes at the end of the music. I have looked in the manal but I must be missing something. If someone could point me in the right place, or point to a tutorial that will shoe me how to do that, I would greatly appreciate it!

I am using 5.5 beta 5.

John L

Hi John,

The bottom line is that one of two possibilities must happen.

1. Do the entire slideshow without music setting the length of each slide as just as you wish them to appear. Look at the length of the show then choose or "construct" music by adding two or more music selections together using a sound editor like Audacity (not difficult at all to do) and fade the last five seconds or so of the sound. Add the sound to the slides.

2. Choose or "construct" music which is plenty long for the slideshow - sync the slides to the music as desired and when you get to the end see how long the slideshow is. Take the music into Audacity and trim the excess away and fade the last five seconds or so. Delete then reload the music.

Best regards,

Lin

Thanks, Lin. I use Audacity and have used it in previous shows, so your suggestion will work for me without too much trouble. I was just hoping that there was a way to mark a slide as "locked" so that the auto-arrange (sync to music) feature would keep those slides at their "locked" durations. Maybe a future enhancement? B)

I'll put a suggestion in the "Ideas & Suggestions" forum.

John