WnSoft Forums

getting pictures

two2go

I can't get pictures off my computer to go into the picturestoexe program to make a slide presentation. I've used this program in the past but haven't for a few years. I would appreciate any help. When I click on File and try to browse my pictures on my hard drive none of them show up. :):lol:

Hi, two2go,

Welcome to the forum!

You only use "file" in PTE to find your pte file. You have to double-click on a drive letter, and then a folder at the top-left of the PTE file window to find your jpegs.

two2go,

Plus as another note :

Browsing for your images files within the FOLDER/FILE LIST Window only shows the folder/filenames/ etc for access to load into the SLIDE LIST Window.

No Images,thumbnail views are seen in the FOLDER/FILE LIST Window. Images can be seen once entered into the SLIDE LIST Window.

Two2go try downloading freeware IrfanView (click this link). Install it and go into IrfanView file menu and select "Browse". The thumbnail browser that starts will make browsing for images a true pleasure (better than XP browsing features in my opinion). Once you know the folder that has your desired photos, navigate to that folder in PTE starting from the drive letter and you can add pic's to show. Follow forum members' advice just given, regarding navigation in PTE.

By the way, in IrfanView browser you can double-click any image to see full size.

two2go,

I use IrfanView all the time for many simple tasks ... as its functions,speed and ease of use is very flexable.

Also, you can select within it Properties Settings ... to add browse with irfanview for drives and folders shell menu. This way enables fast access with a right click to browse any folder at your desire.