WnSoft Forums

DVD not working

Peter Coles

My programme suddenly does not support making DVDs.

I downloaded and paid for the new programme, I suppose it would be about 12 months ago, when it first came out. Since then I have made DVD programmes from time to time.

I have recently downloaded the Beta versions of PTE 5.

Then all of a sudden when I need to make a few DVDs I am informed that "DVDs not supported". Does this mean I have to buy the programme again?

What do I do please? I need this within the next day or two.

My programme suddenly does not support making DVDs.

I downloaded and paid for the new programme, I suppose it would be about 12 months ago, when it first came out. Since then I have made DVD programmes from time to time.

Then all of a sudden when I need to make a few DVDs I am informed that "DVDs not supported". Does this mean I have to buy the programme again?

What do I do please? I need this within the next day or two.

Use PTE VideoBuilder to make an ISO file (I can't remember the key sequence but you should be able to find it in the VB screens), and then download a program called 'ImgBurn', a free and very useful utility for burning ISO files to DVD.

Colin.

I can't believe that it is the programme which is at fault. It is more likely that you need to re-install / update drivers for your burner or something of that nature. Have you tried re-installing the programme?

What programme is causing the problem?

Did it fail immediately after installing PTE 5?

If so, maybe you should drop Igor an e-mail and ask advice.

I agree with Colin regarding the use of ISO files and use ROXIO to burn to DVD when required.

DaveG

What is the make and model of your DVD-Burner Peter?

Also which beta are you using, if not the latest, (beta v11), download it and try.

What is the make and model of your DVD-Burner Peter?

Also which beta are you using, if not the latest, (beta v11), download it and try.

Thanks,

The DVD Burner Programme is Nero. I'm not sure of the make of Burner - the Computer came with two DVDs in it one a player and the other a burner.

I have made several DVDs previously. I was using the built in PTE to DVD.

I have just noticed Beta 11 so have downloaded it and will try.

Peter

Hi Peter

Then all of a sudden when I need to make a few DVDs I am informed that "DVDs not supported

Just by chance If you put a wrong media disc in the burner by error for instance a CD, when you click " Burn "

You will get a pop up message but it will say " CD burning not supported "

post-14-1211177995_thumb.jpg

To narrow things down and check burner can you burn a PTE temp. - .avi file with Nero Vision?

Hi Peter

Just by chance If you put a wrong media disc in the burner by error for instance a CD, when you click " Burn "

You will get a pop up message but it will say " CD burning not supported "

post-14-1211177995_thumb.jpg

To narrow things down and check burner can you burn a PTE temp. - .avi file with Nero Vision?

Many thanks for all the helpful suggestions. I now have it working OK.

Peter