WnSoft Forums

converting WMA to MP3

J Rees

i use

dBpowerAMP Music Converter (dMC) - "must have audio tool " -

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/

dBpowerAMP Music Converter (dMC), is one of those must have utilities, indispensable for converting audio files from one format to another:

Rip (record) from Audio CDs,

Edit ID Tags & Display Track Info

Record from LPs or anything,

100% Free, no nags, popups, hidden spy or bundleware.

The add-on for dMC called Power Pack is Shareware, dMC is 100% free.

NEW Release 9 [3rd July 2002] NEW download

dBpowerAMP Audio Player (dAP) - "music player like no other" - Download

ken

:ph34r: I use also "dbpower amp music converter" and I have just one .wma music file and I would like to convert it to mp3.

But when I go to the program to convert the wma it does not show up on the list. All the other mp3's etc. show up but not wma.

what do you think is wrong?

am I missing an additional program with dbpower amp that I need for wma files.\?

Harry

:ph34r: Ok, well, I downloaded the files needed to convert wma to mp3 and it says that the song.wma is write protected and I cannot convert it.

Harry

:ph34r: Thank You Ken,

that is real nice of you and very thoughtful!! The song is really from a CD that our church produced locally and why they used wma instead of mp3 I don't know. Probably the CD people said people would have a hard time doing what I want to do?

The title is "What Kind Of Man Is This" and you would not have it because it was only distributed locally in our area. But hey thanks anyway!! Perhaps other wma will not be that way.

Harry

Harry,

Another possibility is to start the music playing through WMP and at the same time start up Cool Edit or Audacity, and set to record as a .wav or .mp3 file. Some sound cards will record internally from one program to another, and you won't even need to hear anything while this is going on.

I haven't tried this where a .wma file is involved, but it's worth a try.