WnSoft Forums

exe file hangs up on other computers

martins

New user to pte, using v4.00 of the software

We have made a couple of shows synced with one piece of music, copied to the hard drive from a CD. The exe file runs perfectly from a CD on our own PC but not on other peoples (4 different failures, no successes so far). The start-up slide comes up fine, then the first picture, then nothing. No music plays even though the sound is working on these other computers. I suspect the music is the problem, preventing the show from advancing.

Grateful for any help.

:ph34r:

Welcome martins,

Since you mention all Plays well on your PC Hardrive and CDRom ... but not on others ... seems to first indicate you are using WMA Music files. Are you?

If this is the case .... Protected WMA files will not PLay on another PC that doesnt have permission files to Play it.

Try to Play just the WMA Music file all by itself on the non working PCs ... if it doesnt Play ... this is most likely the culprit creating your issue.

Best advice ... only use MP3 ( unless your absolutely sure your WMA is not protected)

Thanks for the quick reply, nobeefstu.

I've checked the music files. One is an MP3 but the other is a WMA and is protected so you've spotted the fault there. I will recheck the show using the MP3 file, which is definitely not protected.

Now for the naive questions ....... can I change the protection on a WMA file copied from a CD (is this legal?) or can I copy such files as MP3?

martins,

Probably best to read up on this recently discussed topic about converting WMA to MP3

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums//index...ct=ST&f=2&t=837

As for the legality of removing protection ... probably not :ph34r:

Sharing and distributing Music these days is quite a hot legal topic ... wether for personal or business. My advice is just use good judgement and caution as to whom you distribute copies.