WnSoft Forums

3 Waterfalls - One 19 meg download

Lin Evans

Hi Ray,

Great start! Here's the changes I would make (sent you a PM with link). More areas of transparency to get more apparent waterfall. Darken the underlying jpg at areas of intense white burn out but do only on the jpg not on the png overlay. Unzip the zipped sample (I screen captured your original and created a new PNG cover) and compare the png and original to your own to see where you might make changes to get more water falling.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Lin,

Great fun these waterfalls, have just made my first attempt and placed it on Mediafire have only made it to run for 20secs so

will be a quick download.

Would be grateful for your expert advice if anything I could do to improve it.

Link:- http://www.mediafire.com/?zgaeond5lnz

Ray

Hi Ray,

Great start! Here's the changes I would make (sent you a PM with link). More areas of transparency to get more apparent waterfall. Darken the underlying jpg at areas of intense white burn out but do only on the jpg not on the png overlay. Unzip the zipped sample (I screen captured your original and created a new PNG cover) and compare the png and original to your own to see where you might make changes to get more water falling.

Best regards,

Lin

Thanks for that Lin your changes made a lot of difference and can see now what I need to do.

When in dought seek help from the experts we can never stop learning even when old age gets in the way.

All the best Lin

Ray

Hi Ray,

Never let age be an issue. The older you get, the more you can draw on a tremendous wealth of knowledge which you have stored over a lifetime.

Only "fear" of things new and different will prevent you from learning new things every day. Ron Wilkinson (ronwil), one of our great but now departed forum members was learning and contributing to our collective knowledge up until the day he was physically no longer able to visit the forum. Ron passed away a few months ago, but we will all remember his wit, spunk, common sense, contibutions and advice. He was thrilled with PTE 5 and was creating great animated slideshows right up to the end.

So don't let age get in your way of having fun, experimenting and learning new "tricks" with PTE - it will help keep you sharp!

Best regards,

Lin