WnSoft Forums

importing video in to PTE

freebird

So sorry if you have covered this before.

I am a mature student of PTE

Currently creating short presentations with photos and background music.

Slightly embarassed to come on here with all you experts and young things with lots of technical experience.

My presentations are for training purposes to show professionals how to meet our disabled children's needs.

You helped me last year when I was having problems and I am hoping that one of you lovelies could do the same again please.

I struggle a bit as I am dyslexic and instructions full of abbreviations or technical terms frighten me to death, so please go easy.

If I do a short video either with a digital camera or a video camera, what format would it have to be in ?

And how do I import it in to my presentaion please. Can I take the Video off the cameras SD Card or off the videos cassette? As you can see I havn't got a clue so I need very simple instructions please.

It will only run for approx 10 minutes in total and will be a mixture of photographs and the short video of a parent doing an interview.

Please help me it is driving me mad.

Don't laugh when I say this but I have been using PTE 4.42 for a couple of years now ! Not aware of up grades.....

Just down loaded the trial of 5.5 ?

Kind regards

Freebird

29 people have viewed my post could any one of you please help me out here.

I know that you are all advanced PTE users and have a wealth of knowledge between you.

What I'm asking might be easy to you but I am struggling like mad with the basics.

I need to know what format a video has to be in, to import it in to PTE.

It's only ten minutes and can be done with either a digital camera or video.

PLEASE CAN ANY ONE HELP ME

thanks.

So sorry if you have covered this before.

I am a mature student of PTE

Currently creating short presentations with photos and background music.

Slightly embarassed to come on here with all you experts and young things with lots of technical experience.

My presentations are for training purposes to show professionals how to meet our disabled children's needs.

You helped me last year when I was having problems and I am hoping that one of you lovelies could do the same again please.

I struggle a bit as I am dyslexic and instructions full of abbreviations or technical terms frighten me to death, so please go easy.

If I do a short video either with a digital camera or a video camera, what format would it have to be in ?

And how do I import it in to my presentaion please. Can I take the Video off the cameras SD Card or off the videos cassette? As you can see I havn't got a clue so I need very simple instructions please.

It will only run for approx 10 minutes in total and will be a mixture of photographs and the short video of a parent doing an interview.

Please help me it is driving me mad.

Don't laugh when I say this but I have been using PTE 4.42 for a couple of years now ! Not aware of up grades.....

Just down loaded the trial of 5.5 ?

Kind regards

Freebird

Hi,

As far as I am aware the answer is that it can't be done if afraid.

PTE does not at this point in time enable this.

There is at least one work around, as I understand it, but it is VERY labour intensive and requires a LOT of skill and time and from what I recall having seen not worth the effort. I won't go into the reasons for this as it would require some technical knowledge which I barely understand myself.

Sorry,

John

thanks John.

Not really the reply I was hoping for but yet realistic I guess, so thank you.

I think that Adobe have a programme that lets you import both photos and video clips but again I guess that it would be expensive.

I'm wondering if it's 'in design'

I really hoped that PTE would have this facility as I am now familiar with some of the features.......Yeh it's only taken me 2 years, so don't laugh.

If I had to get around another programme, I'll be drawing my pension before I get the hang of it..lol..

Thank you

Freebird.

Hi,

As far as I am aware the answer is that it can't be done if afraid.

PTE does not at this point in time enable this.

There is at least one work around, as I understand it, but it is VERY labour intensive and requires a LOT of skill and time and from what I recall having seen not worth the effort. I won't go into the reasons for this as it would require some technical knowledge which I barely understand myself.

Sorry,

John

Freebird

There is another program you could try.

'Roxio Easy Media Creator 10' in this suite of programs there is one called Videowave. This will allow you to combine video and pictures. The program is not that difficult and will take a wide variety of video file formats AVI, Mpeg2 and Mpeg4 the last of these a lot of the latest camcorders make. The program costs about £40. It is also possible to capture from video but that gets a lot more complicated.

David

Freebird,

Sorry I was not able to bring you good news earlier. There may be one option that could cost you nothing that is if you have Windows XP and no doubt Vista will have at least as good an option. I am referring to Windows Movie Maker which is hidden in XP. Go to START/All progs/ Accessories/Entertainment and you will find it there. It is quite basic but also quite clever in that it allows you to mix video clips and stills with audio and allows you to insert titles etc. The down side is that it plays through Windows Media player which is low res.

It may me worth a play - and its FREE!!

Regards

John

PS It has quite a good help function.

Thanks everyone, you are a helpful bunch, it was worth waiting for. I'm going through all of your suggestions and finding the one for 'dummies'. I'll stick with which ever one doesn't make me swear..lol..

Thank you all so much.

keep up the good work.

I get to the same destination, I just take the scenic route instead of the motorway !

Freebird x