WnSoft Forums

Create Backup in ZIP

My daughter recently made a slide show. Pictures varied up to 6mb /image. Photos were scattered in folders from the desktop to who knows where buried in the bowels of 2 different hard drives. Then she complained that the pictures needed some editing and were jerky.

How was I supposed to find all those pictures? Edit them? Resize them? Not overwrite anything original or change image paths so PTE can't find them or create umpteen mb's of unwanted images to store? ARGHH!!!!

Easy.

Use File | Create Backup in ZIP

Save the zip somewhere convenient and then unzip it to its own folder. Voila! Everything is in one place.

Music, photos, rasterized text images, the pte file finds all these resources in the new local folder.

It don't get better than that!

• 2 weeks later...

What I'd like to see to extend this feature further is, if the file (image, music, whichever) is found in a subdirectory of the current directory, retain that path in the zip file as well. I usually put all of my image files into a directory called "images" and that helps me to declutter the root directory of my project directory. I would like to see a way to maintain local structure in the backup zip files as well. If the file is found outside the current directory, then I like to have it copied to the root directory of the zip structure.

Thanks!