WnSoft Forums

Audio Files with Slides

kessnick

Hi all, just new to using PTE and, of course, in a rush to create a 135 pic slideshow for a friend. I have all the slides in but there are 3 definite 'sections' to the slideshow and I have 3 pieces of music to go with each section. How do I coordinate my audio files with my slides? For ex, my first section has about 30 slides, then the next section has about 40, etc.

Sorry, this is probably really dumb, but any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks so much,

Kess

Guest Yachtsman1
Hi all, just new to using PTE and, of course, in a rush to create a 135 pic slideshow for a friend. I have all the slides in but there are 3 definite 'sections' to the slideshow and I have 3 pieces of music to go with each section. How do I coordinate my audio files with my slides? For ex, my first section has about 30 slides, then the next section has about 40, etc.

Sorry, this is probably really dumb, but any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks so much,

Kess

Hi Kess

The easy way is to add your first music file in the Project options music section, then highlight the slide you want the first music change and click customise slide and add the second music file, like wise for the third. the hard way (for me) is to use audacity to string the music together and edit it to use the timing of the slides. The only down side with my easy option is the jump from one tune to the next, try it and see if it's acceptable.

Yachtsman1

Hi Kess,

Yachtsman1 is absolutely right the best way is to use a programme like Audasity to edit your music into suitable lengths to match your images. It is all a question of matching images and the music together in a way that each enhances the other. This can be a lengthy process, depending on your determination to get it right to your satisfaction. Many people spend hours researching and editing music. Horses for courses!

I suspect from what you have said that at this stage in your involvement you are happy simply to have the three pieces of music play one after the other, each piece synchronized to a group of slides. I don't know how long each piece of music is or how long each sequence is but I presume you are happy that they either match or can be made to match by editing your show in the Time Line.

I would be tempted therefore to suggest that you enter all three pieces of music, in order, into the music tab of Project Options then view the Waveform which will also show the slide numbers in relation to the waveform. It is then a question of moving the slides along the Waveform adjusting their length to match the individual section. Almost certainly it will be obvious by looking at the waveform graphic where each new piece of music starts and ends.

Good luck.

But for the future have a look at Audacity (another learning curve I'm afraid) it will be worth it if you plan to develop this area.

John

Thanks so much John and Yachtsman1!

Both of your suggestions worked great. I was able to change the timing of the slides so they worked perfectly with the music and ended at each section before the next piece began. I'm glad I didn't need to mess with the music too much this time, but would probably do more editing as you suggested when I do this again (hopefully with more lead time, haha).

Thanks again for help!

Kess

Hi Kess

The easy way is to add your first music file in the Project options music section, then highlight the slide you want the first music change and click customise slide and add the second music file, like wise for the third. the hard way (for me) is to use audacity to string the music together and edit it to use the timing of the slides. The only down side with my easy option is the jump from one tune to the next, try it and see if it's acceptable.

Yachtsman1

Hi Yachtsman1,

Having trouble editing in Audacity?

It really is simple if you take your time....however if you are struggling than we are doing an afternoon talk partly on Audacity at the Media Museum, Bradford in November - I see you live in North Yorkshire - why not come along?