WnSoft Forums

PLEASE HELP!! Paid for PTE Deluxe but didn't get it!&

azbilger

Hi!

Maybe someone here can help me figure out what to do. I purchased the deluxe version of PTE (including Video Builder) last night and I have not yet been able to use it! Right after ordering, I received the email confirming my order and I also received the email that was supposed to have the "keys" in an attached file so that I could register and use the software. However, there were no files attached. I tried several times to open PTE and "load a key" but it kept asking for a file. There was some plain text at the bottom of the email that I think is the "key" but I didn't know what to do with that. After trying for some time to figure out what to do, I decided to paste that information into a text file myself and tried to use it. That actually worked for the PTE software and it now shows me as a registered user. However, I cannot get that to work with the Video Builder at all. Plus, the PTE software only shows my as having the standard edition, even though I was charged for the deluxe edition.

Whew! Long story! Anyhow, if anyone has any idea how I can reach someone to get this problem fixed that would be REALLY great! I am really beginning to get frustrated with this because I have attempted to contact WnSoft through the support page several times and have had absolutely no response. Does anyone have any suggestions for me??

Any help would be very much appreciated!!! Thanks in advance!

Hi!

Maybe someone here can help me figure out what to do. I purchased the deluxe version of PTE (including Video Builder) last night and I have not yet been able to use it! Right after ordering, I received the email confirming my order and I also received the email that was supposed to have the "keys" in an attached file so that I could register and use the software. However, there were no files attached. I tried several times to open PTE and "load a key" but it kept asking for a file. There was some plain text at the bottom of the email that I think is the "key" but I didn't know what to do with that. After trying for some time to figure out what to do, I decided to paste that information into a text file myself and tried to use it. That actually worked for the PTE software and it now shows me as a registered user. However, I cannot get that to work with the Video Builder at all. Plus, the PTE software only shows my as having the standard edition, even though I was charged for the deluxe edition.

Whew! Long story! Anyhow, if anyone has any idea how I can reach someone to get this problem fixed that would be REALLY great! I am really beginning to get frustrated with this because I have attempted to contact WnSoft through the support page several times and have had absolutely no response. Does anyone have any suggestions for me??

Just copy and paste the key for opening the DeLuxe version into Notepad, then save it as 'deluxe.reg' or similar, as long as the file extension is .reg. Then run that file, the registry will see it and load it, then PTE deluxe should be operational. Note that whether the program calls itself Standard or Deluxe depends only on what keys are loaded. The difference is that the deluxe version allows you to burn DVDs that are playable on a TV via a DVD player, the standard version does not. Otherwise PTE is identical in all respects whether deluxe or standard.

Colin

Whew! Long story! Anyhow, if anyone has any idea how I can reach someone to get this problem fixed that would be REALLY great!

Welcome! I've forwarded your concern to Igor (creator of PTE) on your behalf.

Regards,

Bill

Just copy and paste the key for opening the DeLuxe version into Notepad, then save it as 'deluxe.reg' or similar, as long as the file extension is .reg. Then run that file, the registry will see it and load it, then PTE deluxe should be operational. Note that whether the program calls itself Standard or Deluxe depends only on what keys are loaded. The difference is that the deluxe version allows you to burn DVDs that are playable on a TV via a DVD player, the standard version does not. Otherwise PTE is identical in all respects whether deluxe or standard.

Colin

Thank you so much for your help!! I am going to try that and see what happens. I had already gotten the "key" for PTE to work, but when I tried the other key that looked like it was for the Video Builder, it kept saying that was an invalid key. So the only DVDs that I cand make are ones with the scrolling "trial version" message along the bottom.

Thanks again for the help! I will try that and repost with the results!

Regards,

Bill

Oh!! That's great!! That you so much for forwarding that on! I had no idea how to reach anyone so maybe that will help!! Thanks so much! I guess that's why these forums are so popular!!

Colin

Colin,

Well, I just wanted to update you regarding my attempt to fix the situation and....YAY!!! I did just what you said and now everything seems to be working perfectly!! I had no idea how to use the plain text key that was emailed to me and your advice was exactly what I needed!! Thank you so much!! I have even already tested it by making a DVD and it plays beautifully with no scrolling message!! Thanks so much!! I really appreciate you taking the time to respond to my original post!!! :) -Amanda

Regards,

Bill

Bill,

Just wanted to update you on my successful resolution of the situation (as posted in my latest response to Colin). With a little help, I was able to get things working perfectly but I wanted to let you know that I really appreciate your response to my request for help!! Now that I know how helpful people in this forum are, I will definitely be back if I have any more questions!! Thanks again!!! :)

Colin,

Well, I just wanted to update you regarding my attempt to fix the situation and....YAY!!! I did just what you said and now everything seems to be working perfectly!! I had no idea how to use the plain text key that was emailed to me and your advice was exactly what I needed!! Thank you so much!! I have even already tested it by making a DVD and it plays beautifully with no scrolling message!! Thanks so much!! I really appreciate you taking the time to respond to my original post!!! :) -Amanda

You're welcome, Amanda. By incorporating the key into the registry, future versions of PTE will be automatically unlocked. The downside to this method is that getting the key into the registry is not as straightforward as typing or pasting it onto the PTE program, as most other programs do. There are other ways to get the key inserted into the registry, but I find the .reg method the easiest.

The key for PTE Standard will not expire, as Igor (the programmer) has said that lifetime upgrades will be available. The Deluxe version for burning DVDs is currently on a two-year cycle, so any updates more than two years after purchasing Deluxe will require another key to be purchased.

Colin