WnSoft Forums

PTE v4.10 beta #5b downloaded!!!

think(box)

Igor, the www.wnsoft.com server wasn't responding. It's back now for v4.10 beta #5b download. Thank you!

Separate note: Welcome back guru!

I have been away on a business trip and now I'm back. Sorry about the lapse in beta testing, but I had no spare time while traveling! I have confirmed another "old" issue (existed before v4.10) with the object editor that I will describe to you in email. It's a lock-up that still happens. Thank you for all of the great work on PTE/P2E and those nice little extras that we're all requesting from time to time, e.g. the run application and exit at end of show that you've promised for a v4.10 new beta (to the forum, I checked - not there yet! - that one will be after beta #5b). I have a special new feature to request:

In the v4.10 slide customization new feature that will "Run application" can you add "Goto slide number"? This allows show flow control to selector slides in multi-section shows without "selector slide duplication tricks", which is the best we can do today. This amounts to a custom "goto slide #" that activates when the customized slide has displayed for its custom time period (that differs from Run Application, which is immediate when slide is displayed). Thank you!

Bill,

Since the recent additon of the "Run application" feature ... and the possibility of more additonal commands in this area, we are still left without a very important primary function that will greatly control use of these commands.

The function to control " AlwaysOnTop" or "NotAlwaysOnTop" of the PTE executable. This has been a old topic of implementation ... however its need is somewhat crutcial now for the proper use and control of these new commands. Otherwise all these external running applications can inevitably become lost under one another thru the users input.

Stu,

Thanks! - anyone running external applications will usually need to control what application is on top and/or not on top. For clarity, are you looking for a PTE capability to set "AlwaysOnTop" or "NotAlwaysOnTop" for P2E itself or is this for external applications started by P2E, or both?

This function could be done with up to a few lines of AutoIt script, but native control by P2E show is best.